Le Phare at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
With incredible ocean views of the famous La Grande Plage, Le Phare is a chic and stylish home in the heart of Biarritz.
Modern couples will love the contemporary vibe of the apartment’s interiors with in-vogue furnishings and sleek appliances. Light fills the apartment’s open-plan layout where you can lounge by the TV, cook in the well-equipped kitchen or dine with the French windows open allowing the sounds of the beach and ocean to come into your home. The sea-views from the juliet balcony are simply wonderful; you can gaze over La Grande Plage as far as the stunning lighthouse to the north.
The sumptuous bedroom, with its own juliet balcony and ocean views, adds to the feeling of light and space due to the floor to ceiling glass wall separating it from the living room. A perfect ensuite shower room with cool tiles complements the smart bedroom where guests can rest in great comfort in this amazing space.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Le Phare is on the second floor of an apartment building in the heart of Biarritz. You only have to walk down the steps and cross the road to reach the southern end of the town’s most famous beach, La Grande Plage, in a couple of minutes. The restaurants, bars, cafes and shops of Biarritz are all within a short walk. This elegant seaside town is on the Bay of Biscay in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques region, south-west of France, near the border with Spain. The resort dates back to the mid-19th century when aristocracy built their summer residences along this part of the coast, including the well-known Hotel du Palais, built by the wife of Napoleon III and just a five-minute walk away along the beach. The most famous beach, La Grande Plage, is in the heart of Biarritz and just 100m from the apartment. There are other smaller beaches around the town such as La Plage de la Cote des Basques to the south (1km), which has become a favourite for surfers. Indeed, Biarritz has become a surfing mecca with surfers from all over the world being attracted to the 6km of Biarritz coastline and beyond and there are plenty of surfing schools for abilities and all ages. Oliver Travel’s guests can arrange surf coaching or just equipment hire during their stay. You will find some wonderful restaurants in the Port des Pecheurs (500m), the former fishing port, where you will find fresh seafood. Food lovers don’t miss the amazing market at the Halles de Biarritz, only a 5-minute walk away, including many wonderful Basque specialities. Some of the local specialities include the local touron (marzipan), locally cured ham as well as mussels, mushrooms and more. It’s also a lovely atmosphere around the Port Vieux (750m) where there is a tiny sheltered beach loved by locals and the town’s main shopping street, Rue Port Vieux. Amazing Art Deco buildings around the town and especially along the beach include the just around the corner (also home to a theatre and swimming pool) and the Aquarium (750m) which is a must for sea-lovers or families. Another one of the town’s highlights is the incredible Rocher of the Vierge peninsular (750m), which can be visited via the Eiffel bridge that connects it to the mainland or the fascinating lighthouse (1.8km) in the northern part of the town where there are some incredible views. For a change of scene, head to Bayonne (12km) where you can walk around the narrow streets admiring the beautiful and historic architecture or walk along the river front. Or head to the beaches to the north with wide, sandy stretches, some surrounded by grassland and forests, others backed by cliffs and some with beautiful promenades for walkers and cyclists. Other coastal areas to visit include the picturesque town of Ciboure (17km) to the south where Matisse once lived and the lively resort of Saint-Jean-de-Luz (15km) with a great sandy beach and plenty of family-friendly activities as well as an abundance of golf courses and lovely walks along the surrounding coastline and hills. There are also some idyllic Basque villages inland to explore such as two of France’s Plus Beaux Villages; pretty Ainhoa (28km) and Sare (27km), where you can take the old wooden train up to the summit of La Rhune, one of the most dominant peaks of the Pyrénées, where there are some restaurants with incredible views as well as hiking opportunities. Indeed, this whole region offers an extended range of outdoor activities, such as walking, horse-back riding, fishing, cycling, canoeing and many others including water-sports along the coast.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A pre-authorisation of €650 will be charged to clients’ credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (this will also be used to cover any charges/excess not covered by the guests' insurance policy).
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 8.00 p.m.
- Late arrivals will be subject to additional fees of €50 (8.00 - 10.00 p.m.), €80 (10.00 p.m. - 12.00 a.m./6.00 - 8.00 a.m.) or €120 (12.00 - 6.00 a.m.), payable locally.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay cleaning for bookings of 2 weeks or more also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are provided. Beach towels are available at extra cost.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : A mandatory insurance policy which covers guests for tenancy liability and property damage liability during their stay is included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Pool heating charge? : Yes. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : One high chair, one cot and one baby bath are available on request. An extra highchair and cot are available for hire at a cost of €120/week.
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra bed + towels and/or an inflatable mattress + towels are available on request for an extra charge of €150/week and €100/week, respectively.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from May to mid-September, subject to weather conditions (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).
- Security deposit :