Les Combes at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
As you approach Les Combes down the long private driveway you will immediately see its beauty. A 17<sup>th</sup> century house surrounded by glorious gardens and woodland, at Les Combes guests can relax and enjoy the tranquillity whilst being able to explore the delights of Dordogne on their doorstep.
The home has been lovingly restored with a keen eye for attention to detail, offering guests character and comfort throughout. Step through the double doors from the courtyard and explore this wonderful house, such as the cosy living room leading to the gardens or the love seats by the open fire-place in the rustic dining room, with French windows going out to the wisteria covered terrace. The traditional kitchen with its slate tiled floor will excite keen cooks with the impressive oven to prepare some remarkable feasts.
The four double bedrooms are all unique in style with pretty features, traditional furnishings...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The Dordogne is known as the valley of 1000 chateaux with endless pretty medieval villages, fine wines, truffles, local markets and spectacular valleys and rivers. Both the Vézère and the Dordogne rivers offer great kayaking, canoeing and unparalleled views of the countryside. You can drive to Le Bugue (10km), the nearest town, where you can pick up your groceries, find pretty patisseries, discover new wines in one of the finest wine caves in the region and dine in a good selection of local eateries. There is a good choice of supermarkets, banks and other town facilities and don’t miss the bustling market on a Tuesday where you can pick up local produce to cook up a feast to serve under the lime tree. The Dordogne and Vézère rivers host a wealth of beautiful villages and towns, many of them classed as France’s <i>Plus Beaux Villages</i> such as glorious Monpazier, a bastide town dating back to the 13<sup>th</sup> century. To the north you have the sophisticated small city of Périgueux, famous for its amazing black truffles and to the east you should visit Sarlat with its maze of medieval narrow streets, lovely squares and amazing restaurants. Not forgetting beautiful Bergerac to the west with its medieval architecture, narrow streets of boutiques and great restaurants as well as the unmissable <i>Maisons de Vins</i>. Other magical day trips include the Lascaux caves, just outside Montignac and beautiful Limeuil, where the Vézère meets the Dordogne and you can paddle by the river beach or enjoy some fine views from Parc Limeuil after wandering through the delightful village. In addition, head to La Roque Gageac, Château de Beynac or Castelnaud-la-Chapelle for a remarkable day out in the Dordogne. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding, to tennis, mountain-biking, golfing and watersports, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities in the area. Older children will love the nearby waterparks, visiting the Aquarium du Perigord Noir and Jungle Golf in Le Bugue, exploring prehistoric caves and historic castles or even a magnificent hot air balloon ride across the stunning region. The more adventurous may enjoy go-karting just south of Périgueux or tree-top activities in the forests near Sarlat.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €850 charged to the clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. Included in low season. From end of May to end of September, heating is on request and at a supplement.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean on Thursday included for stays of two weeks or more. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Friday. Other days may be possible on request in mid-season (end of May-mid July & September, approximately) for bookings of 7+ nights only.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Pets welcome? : Yes. On request only and by prior arrangement with the owner. Please enquire at the time of booking.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Property not suitable for young children.
- Tax : Tourist tax of €0.80 pp/pn, paid locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. For stays of over 7 nights, a change of linen can be arranged for a supplement of €25 per person. This must be requested in advance.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.