La Pelote Basque at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
With pretty views over the trees to a delightful lake, yet only minutes from the heart of Biarritz, this cool and modern home is the perfect base for family or friends wanting to stay in this fantastic part of south-west France.
You will be immediately wowed by this architect’s villa with its bold and striking design, yet inside it exudes a homely and welcoming atmosphere. The living space upstairs is vast with stylish couches, a stunning decorative stone fireplace and wide sliding doors opening up to a glorious sun terrace looking out over the garden and towards the lake. The sleek kitchen will delight keen chefs and you can choose whether to dine at the elegant dining table at any time of the year or outside on the al-fresco covered terrace with a plancha style barbecue.
The interiors are bright and contemporary with vintage pieces of furniture complementing designer features. The owners are keen...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
La Pelote Basque is located in a residential area, only five minutes from the airport, in the suburbs of Biarritz. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance and a bakery and supermarket a short drive (or just under a half hour walk). There is a lovely lake you can walk to in a couple of minutes. It’s around 2km from the heart of Biarritz and approximately a half hour walk to the beach and sea and 10-minute walk to local restaurant and shops. Beautiful Biarritz is on the Bay of Biscay in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques region, south-west of France, near the border with Spain. The resort dates back to the mid-19th century when aristocracy built their summer residences along this part of the coast, including the well-known Hotel du Palais, built by the wife of Napoleon III on the famous La Grande Plage. In recent years, Biarritz and its 6km of coastline has become a mecca with surfers from all over the world and there are plenty of surfing schools for abilities and all ages. The nearest beach, Plage de Marbella (accessed via about 60 steps) is loved by surfers and body-boarders a is the well-known 1km-long surfing beach of Cote des Basques just to the north. Oliver’s Travel’s guests can arrange surf coaching or just equipment hire during their stay. You will find some wonderful restaurants in the Port des Pecheurs, the former fishing port, where you can try seafood. Also, visit the wonderful market at the Halles de Biarritz including many Basque specialities. Another one of the town’s highlights is the incredible Rocher of the Vierge peninsular, which can be visited via the Eiffel bridge that connects it to the mainland or the fascinating lighthouse in the northern part of the town where there are some incredible views. For a change of scene, head to Bayonne (10km) where you can walk around the narrow streets admiring the beautiful and historic architecture or walk along the river front. Or head to the beaches to the north of the lighthouse, in the Anglet region, with wide, sandy stretches, some surrounded by grassland and forests, others backed by cliffs and some with beautiful promenades for walkers and cyclists. South of Biarritz you will find the family-friendly Milady beach with its promenade and La Cité de l'Océan attraction, Plage d’ Ilbarritz with famous beach restaurants and an amazing golf course and a little further south is the authentic Basque village of Bidart where there are some amazing walks following coastal paths and remotely accessed beaches. There are also some idyllic Basque villages inland to explore such as two of France’s Plus Beaux Villages; pretty Ainhoa (30km) and Sare (27km), where you can take the old wooden train up to the summit of La Rhune, one of the most dominant peaks of the Pyrénées, where there are some restaurants with incredible views as well as hiking opportunities. Indeed, this whole region offers an extended range of outdoor activities, such as walking, horse-back riding, fishing, cycling, canoeing and many others including water-sports along the coast.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A pre-authorisation of €650 will be charged to clients’ credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (this will also be used to cover any charges/excess not covered by the guests' insurance policy).
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay cleaning for bookings of 2 weeks or more also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1- €3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : A mandatory insurance policy which covers guests for tenancy liability and property damage liability during their stay is included in the rental price.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the local representative’s rental terms upon booking confirmation.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : One high chair, one cot and one baby bath are available on request. An extra highchair and cot are available for hire at a cost of €120/week.
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra bed + towels and/or an inflatable mattress + towels are available on request for an extra charge of €150/week and €100/week, respectively.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from mid-May to mid-September, subject to weather conditions (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).
- Security deposit :