River Dovecote at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
River Dovecote offers you the unique opportunity to stay in a beautiful home on the banks of the Dordogne river, just minutes from some of the region’s most captivating towns and villages.
The mesmerising setting is how you may imagine your perfect Dordogne holiday. Listen to the church bells ring as you relax on your charming shaded terrace with magnificent river views. Wander down the stone steps to the glorious gardens which extend all the way down to the river bank, dip into the inviting swimming pool and admire the historic Pigeonnier which adds to the romantic ambience of this enchanting home.
The home has recently been renovated yet it has still managed to retain its traditional charm and character both inside and out. The rustic kitchen with its exposed stone work leads to the light and airy dining room with pretty French doors opening up to the al-fresco terrace. The living room is welcoming with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
River Dovecote is set in a quiet area, just opposite the church in a tiny hamlet on the south side of the Dordogne. You are just 4km from beautiful Limeuil, where the Vézère meets the Dordogne. Here you can paddle by the river beach or enjoy some fine views from Parc Limeuil after wandering through the delightful village with some lovely places to eat. The next nearest facilities are in Le Buisson-de-Cadouin (7km) where you will find a small supermarket and bank whilst the town of Le Bugue (10km) has further supermarkets, restaurants and a bustling market on a Tuesday morning. This is a great spot to hire canoes on the Vézère. The Dordogne and Vézère regions host a wealth of beautiful villages and towns, many of them classed as France’s Plus Beaux Villages such as glorious Monpazier (24km), a bastide town dating back to the 13th century or Domme (40km) on the Dordogne river. The pretty Dordogne village of Trémolat (11km), with its Michelin starred restaurant, is also within a short drive and an enchanting place to visit. Other magical day trips include the Lascaux caves, just outside Montignac (42km) or head to La Roque-Gageac (33km), Château de Beynac (30km) or Castelnaud-la-Chapelle (28km) all idyllically set along the Dordogne. To the north you have the sophisticated small city of Périgueux (50km), famous for its amazing black truffles and you should also visit Sarlat-la-Canéda (40km) with its maze of medieval narrow streets, lovely squares and amazing restaurants. Not forgetting beautiful Bergerac (38km), following the Dordogne to the west, with its medieval architecture, narrow streets of boutiques and great restaurants as well as the unmissable Maisons de Vins, passing through some delightful riverside villages en route. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding, to tennis, mountain-biking, golfing and canoeing, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities in the area. Children will love the region's waterparks, visiting the Aquarium du Perigord Noir, exploring prehistoric caves and historic castles or even a magnificent hot air balloon ride across the stunning region. The more adventurous may enjoy go-karting just south of Périgueux or tree-top activities in the forests near Sarlat.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €600 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean for stays of two weeks or more also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please request a cot and highchair if needed.