Le Vieux Moulin at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
After searching high and low for their dream Dordogne home, upon seeing Le Vieux Moulin in the glorious sunshine, the owners immediatley knew this was the one! Back then it was a crumbling paper mill in idyllic surroundings, yet after months of passion and dedication they have restored it to a stunningly beautiful place to stay.
As soon as you cross the little bridge over one of the two rivers which encircle Le Vieux Moulin, you know you are in an incredible setting. Surrounded by forests, countryside and the sound of the flowing rivers backing on to the gardens, this is rural life at its best in the heart of the Couze valley, just south of the Dordogne river.
Step inside and be amazed at the high standard of renovation of this former paper mill and farm, some of which dates back to the early 17th Century. With a nod to the home’s historic past, many original features have been beautifully restored alongside a...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The setting of Le Vieux Moulin is just idyllic – it’s on an island in the Couze valley encircled by two rivers, accessed via a little bridge and surrounded by forests and countryside. Yet it is only a 5-minute drive to the nearest village, a charming place where you will find a lovely bistro by the ruins of a beautiful abbey, where summer concerts are sometimes held. The bastide town of Beaumont-du-Périgord (6km) is just a little further with restaurants, pretty shops and galleries. In the summer there is a wonderfully atmospheric night market on a Monday evening where you can sit on long-wooden tables, choose your food from one of the street-market traders and buy local wine to enjoy, there is even some dancing too. The Dordogne region offers endless activities for all ages from golf within half an hour to horse-riding, hiking and cycling across the magnificent countryside. Some of France’s most wonderful food markets are held across surrounding villages and towns where you can pick up amazing fresh produce such as local cheeses, breads, cakes, foie gras, canard as well as fruit and vegetables and there is also some superb wine-tasting across the region. You are just a 20-minute drive to the glorious Dordogne river in Le Buisson-de-Cadouin where you can hire canoes, enjoy leisurely picnics or follow the river and explore some of the idyllic riverside villages such as Limeuil (20km), where the Vézère river meets the Dordogne and Trémolat (22km) with its Michelin starred restaurant. Further east are some of the Dordogne’s most famous attractions such as Beynac-et-Cazenac (40km) with its famous chateau, La Roque-Gageac (45km) and beautiful Domme (48km), officially one of France’s most beautiful villages. Another one of France’s <i>Plus Beaux Villages</i>, Monpazier, is only 16km away, a bastide town dating back to the 13th Century and thought to be one of France’s most beautifully preserved villages. Issigeac (20km) is also worthy of a visit, especially on a Sunday morning when the bustling market takes place. Not forgetting Bergerac (32km) with its medieval architecture, narrow streets of boutiques and great restaurants as well as the unmissable <i>Maisons des Vins</i> and the famous town of Sarlat-la-Canéda (50km) with its maze of medieval lanes, lovely squares and amazing restaurants specialising in cuisine of the Perigord.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €750 to be paid to the owner by bank transfer and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean on Saturday for stays of 2 weeks or more also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday in high season. Flexible during all other months.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in high season. 5 nights during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and special events are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that only the 12-guest prices include the use of the apartment. On certain dates, prices for 6 - 10 guests are available.
- Pool opening dates? : The swimming pool is open from approximately end-April to end-September (with other times on request only). Cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : The apartment is only inlcuded in the 12-person rate. In March, April and May there is a special 10-person rate and 6-person rate which only includes five bedrooms in the main house.
- Heating costs included? : Please note there is no central heating. However, wood burners and logs for the fire are provided.