Chez Le Vigneron at Occitanie
In the historic heart of a charming Languedoc village lies Chez Le Vigneron, a delightful home dating back to the 17th Century which has recently been beautifully renovated with style and character.
Previously a <i>Maison de Vigneron</i>, or a wine-growers house, this four-bedroom residence is set out over three floors overlooking a pretty courtyard where you can sip summer cocktails, enjoy leisurely meals al-fresco or dip into the plunge-pool, perfect on long sunny afternoons. Pretty blue shutters, intricately tiled floors and traditional exposed stone walls are just some of the characterful features that perfectly complement elegant furnishings and modern sculpture, creating a chic yet unpretentious ambience.
At the top of the house, light streams through the sky-lights into the grand master bedroom with its own lounge area and en-suite bathroom whilst a sweet narrow balcony leads to two...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Chez Le Vigneron is in the historic heart of an old Languedoc village, within walking distance to two bakeries where you can pick up your morning bread and pastries, a village restaurant, a butchers and a pharmacy. There’s also a takeaway pizza place and your stay may even correspond with a visit from the pizza or fish and chips truck that visits the village once or twice a month! Don’t miss the small but delightful market on a Friday morning where you can pick up fresh fruit, vegetables, local cheeses and meats. Within a few minutes by car you can drive to some wonderful restaurants in local villages or head to the nearest town of Pézenas (8km) with some excellent places to dine as well as a choice of supermarkets and further shops. In this historic town you can spend time wandering around the town’s art galleries and antique shops, exploring the narrow streets and appreciating the elegant 17th and 18th century architecture. Head there on a Saturday morning for a wonderful market dating back to the 14th century. There are activities for young and old nearby, from kite-surfing on the coast to yachting in Mèze, and golf lovers have a choice of courses in the Languedoc. The surrounding countryside is dotted with vineyards and olive groves ideal for cycling and there are plenty of marked trails for as well as horse-riding nearby. If you would like to sample some of the local wines then there are so many wineries from an organic one within walking distance to larger family estates within a few minutes by car where you can enjoy leisurely lunches as well as tasting some fine wines. When exploring further afield the possibilities are endless. Within about half an hour you can be at the water’s edge at Étang de Thau, one of the impressive lagoons along this part of the coast. The water is famous for oysters and you can take a boat trip from the village of Marseillan (26km) to the oyster beds of Bouzigues. Head to Mèze (26km) where you can enjoy some amazing seafood and you will also find a variety of watersports, a weekly market and lots of local events. The unspoilt and authentic town of Sète (43km) has long sandy beaches and there are further seaside resorts at Marseillan Plage (38km) and Cap d’Agade (35km), with more watersports available. The hidden gem of Béziers (31km) can be reached within half an hour by car with its stunning cathedral, wonderful art galleries or simply hire kayaks along the River Orb. In the other direction, the city of Montpellier (68km), the region’s capital, is full of stunning plazas, great shops and historical sites. Other places worthy of a day trip include the magnificent fortified town of Carcassonne (120km), the impressive Roman aquaduct at Pont du Gard (145km) and one of the most beautiful villages in France, Saint Guilhem le Désert (48km), all three of them are UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 charged to clients’ credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (60 days in the case of damage/losses).
- Arrival time : Strictly by 4.00 p.m. Please note that later check-out is possible by prior arrangement only and that extra fees apply.
- Departure time : Strictly by 10.00 a.m. Please note that earlier check-in is only possible by prior arrangement and that extra fees may apply.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes (heating is available in bedrooms only).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Mid-stay change for bookings of more than one week also included.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, however guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pets welcome? : One small well-behaved dog on request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €50 per week will apply (paid locally).
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Changeover day : Saturday. Other arrival days may be possible on request (except in July and August).
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in July and August, 4 nights during all other periods.
- Other Ts and Cs : No children under the age of 12 are permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and special events are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is in the master bedroom only (for Summer 2019)
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open approx. from mid-May to end-September, subject to weather conditions.
- Pool heating charge? : Yes, €80 per week payable on arrival.