Maison Campagne at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Down a long country driveway, surrounded by vast grounds and trees, you will find Maison Campagne, a delightful French farmhouse full of character and charm. With countryside around you, it’s hard to imagine you are only fifteen minutes drive from the stunning small city of Bergerac, with its famous <i>Maison des Vins.</i>
The inside of the <i>maison</i> is remarkable with impressive high ceilings, exposed beams and a cosy fire-place in the open-plan living space, adding to the old-fashioned ambience throughout. There are two bedrooms downstairs, as well as the family bathroom, then head up the traditional wooden staircase to two more spacious doubles, one particularly striking with white mansarded beams. There’s also an annexe with its own entrance, a further bedroom and ensuite bathroom, ideal for those looking for a little more independence.
The style of the home is one of rustic simplicity; this...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The nearby village is characterful and charming with a 12<sup>th</sup> century church and a picturesque private castle just above the village. Within 15 minutes you can be in beautiful Bergerac with its medieval architecture, pretty boutiques and high-end restaurants as well as the unmissable <i>Maisons de Vins</i>. Visit the Château de Monbazillac, just south of the city, where you can see the fascinating interiors and taste and of course buy some fine wines in the castle’s kitchens. Wine-lovers should also take a trip to the marvellous city of Bordeaux and the totally charming hilltop wine-town of Saint-Émilion. There are of course some wonderful food markets to visit across villages and towns of the Dordogne including Bergerac on a Wednesday and Saturday morning, Eymet on a Thursday morning, local Sainte-Foy-la-Grande on a Saturday morning and just twenty minutes south to the incredibly charming Issigeac on a Sunday morning. In under an hour you can access two of France’s <i>Plus Beaux Villages</i>, Monflaquin and Monpazier or follow the Dordogne east all the way to beautiful villages such as Beynac-et-Cazenac, La Roque-Gageac and Domme before heading north to delightful Sarlat-la-Canéda or the UNESCO World Heritage site at Lascaux Caves. For a change of scene, you can also head west for a day trip to the coast to sample some local oysters at Cap Ferret or Arcachon on the Atlantic coast. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding, to tennis, mountain-biking, golfing and watersports, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities in the area. Teens will love the nearby waterparks, exploring prehistoric caves and historic castles or even a magnificent hot air balloon ride across the stunning region. The more adventurous may enjoy go-karting near Bergerac or tree-top activities in the forests north of the Dordogne.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €600 charged to the clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. Included in low season. From end of May to end of September, heating is on request and at a supplement.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean on Thursday included for stays of two weeks or more. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Friday. Other days may be possible on request in mid-season (end of May-mid July & September, approximately) for bookings of 7+ nights only.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and by prior arrangement with the owner. Please enquire at the time of booking.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Tax : Tourist tax of €0.60 pp/pn, paid locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, excluding pool towels. For stays of over 7 nights, a change of linen can be arranged for a supplement of €25 per person. This must be requested in advance.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : For six guests or less, lower rates are available outside the high season.
- Other Ts and Cs : High chairs and cots are available for hire at a cost of €25 for each item per week (limited availability, to be pre-booked).
- Pool heating charge? : Included. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.