Maison Miel at Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
In the stunning hinterland of the French Riviera, where you’ll find landscapes of olive groves, pines, thyme and lavender, the charming Maison Miel is a delightful 3-bedroom holiday home near the sleepy village of Spéracèdes.
With rustic and homely interiors and comfortable touches throughout, this is the perfect place to relax in characterful surroundings with exposed stone walls, Provençal tiled floors and wood-beamed ceilings. A beautiful stone archway separates the spacious living and dining room whilst delightful French windows lead to an al-fresco terrace with incredible views. This is a wonderful spot for long lunches gazing out over the valley as far as the sea or feasting al-fresco under the clear sky at night.
Steps take you down to the swimming pool terrace where you can sip your morning coffee under the pergola, lounge in the summer sun or take a dip in the inviting pool. For the more active guests...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Lou Mas is just outside the charming and sleepy villa of Spéracèdes. You can stroll into the village (it’s hilly in parts and steep access from the home) where you will find a lovely café-restaurant and local bar, a bakery and a small grocery store. Make sure you try some of the olive oil which is produced in a local mill. There are some delightful local villages within a short drive such as neighbouring Cabris (3km), perched on the hillside and a popular place for writers and artists past and present and pretty Peymeinade (2km) where there are some lovely walks along the Canal de la Siagne. A little further is wonderful town of Grasse (6km), known for its perfume heritage and amazing fields of lavender. All around this region you have a stunning backdrop of rolling hills, olive groves and vineyards. From many of these villages you have views down to Lac de Saint-Cassien (16km). It’s only 20-30 minutes by car to the lake where there is carp fishing, canoeing, windsurfing, pedalos, paddle boats and beaches for swimming and picnics. There are also some wonderful hidden trails through the wild landscape. Head even further inland to the rugged interior and enjoy more spectacular views of the whole riviera from Gourdon (21km). Swim from the rocks in Gorges du Loup (20km) or head north to wonderful Caussols (22km) you will find an observatory in this spectacular location. Other idyllic villages towards the coast include Opio (14km), Valbonne (17km), Mougins (16km) and Biot (28km), all perfect places to stop off for a leisurely lunch in atmospheric surroundings. The stylish and chic city of Cannes is around 25km away, oozing splendour from La Croisette, the glamour-drenched promenade, many beaches and yet more vibrant nightclubs, of course famous for its international film festival which runs each year in May. Mandelieu La Napoule (18km), just a little south-west of Cannes, is an alternative, beautiful cultural hub with a rugged and rocky coastline that drops dramatically into the sea. A little further south at Théoule-sur-Mer (27km), enjoy the beautiful beach with its wonderful red cliffs. The region offers fantastic opportunities for horse-riding, hiking and cycling as well as a wealth of family-friendly activities, from go-karting and paintballing at Plateau de la Saree (14km) near Grasse to water-sports and waterparks in Antibes (32km) When in Antibes, don’t miss the old town as well as some of the chic bars in Juan-les-Pins just to the south. Those who enjoy a day of golf are utterly spoilt for choice in this region, with the Royal Mougins (17km) only 30 minutes away or a choice even nearer at Golf Du Claux Amic Sa (6km) and Golf Grande Bastide (13km) near Opio.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid on arrival in cash to the owner in Euros (Pounds Sterling on request only) and refunded on departure subject to full inspection (no alternative payment will be accepted). Please note that access to the villa will not be possible without this payment.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, except pool towels. Linen and bath towels changed weekly.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : There is air-conditioning in the bedrooms and the living room.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.