Galician 6 Bedroom Countryside Villa with Beautiful Gardens and Pool in Pontevedra
With its tranquil country setting, large swimming pool and landscaped gardens, switching off comes easy at six-bedroom Villa Pelayo. The Galician villa is located in the town of Pedra in Pontevedra, northern Spain and is characterised by its classic-style architecture – we’re talking exposed brickwork and beautiful beams. Perfect for families or groups of friends, the villa boasts plenty of space for everyone to relax or play, and is equipped with modern facilities for a homely stay.
Inside the villa, facilities on offer include six double en-suite bedrooms, a large living room with a fireplace, a dining room with a fireplace, as well as a fully-equipped kitchen and a games room with table football and billiards. There’s also a separate annex that can be accessed directly from the house with another dining room and a barbecue. By day, kick back on a sun lounger around the pool, dip your toes into the cooling waters or...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Pelayo is in the sleepy town of Pedra in Pontevedra, northern Spain. It’s a peaceful location surrounded by top-notch hiking routes. They go to must-see sights like go to must-see sights the bridges of the river Lerez, the abandoned village of Vichocuntin and the chapel of Serrapia. Spend afternoons wandering along the cobbled streets in the town or browse artistic products in the square. This part of Spain is also renowned for its seafood, so you can try the local dishes at a restaurant here, including octopus, shellfish and mussels. The region of Galacia itself is known for its green valleys, rugged mountains and wild beaches. Think bagpipes playing and baroque cathedrals, too – so, you might feel more like you’re in Scotland than Spain. There’s a beach a short 25-minute drive from the villa for swimming and sunbathing. It’s also a short 17 minute’ drive to the livelier town of Pontevedra. Here, you’ll find a well-preserved old town to explore. Snap pictures of the historic churches and monasteries and wander through the charming squares here, before sampling local cuisine in one of the bars and restaurants. Galician specialties like Empanada Gallega – a large pie usually filled with meat – are on the menu. Then, wash it down with a glass of famous Albarino wine. Pontevedra’s covered market is also well worth a visit – you can pick up famous tetilla cheese or tarta de Santiago (an almond tart) there. More worth-exploring cities include Vilanova de Cerveira and Caminha. You could also make tracks for Vigo, Porto or Tui. The latter is a Romanesque and gothic village that’s steeped in history. Take in the cathedral and churches there, before heading to the mountain of Aloia nearby. If you climb to the top, you’ll be rewarded with views of Vigo estuary and the Louro valley below.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €250 to be paid upon arrival
- Arrival time : 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : Not included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Saturday between July - August, otherwise flexible
- Minimum stay : 7 nights between 01/07 - 31/08, 5 nights during Easter, 4 nights between 01/06 - 30/06 & 01/09 - 30/09. Otherwise, 2 nights.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping is not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Additional beds are available upon request