La Baleine Bleue at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
As you gaze out of the balconies towards Biarritz’ famous La Grande Plage, you’ll appreciate what a privileged location this is. In the heart of downtown Biarritz, with trendy boutiques and bustling restaurants around you, this elegant and beautifully designed apartment is the place to be!
With the characterful entrance on the ground floor of a charming building, your senses will be dazzled as you enter La Baleine Bleue. With cool and stylish furnishings alongside striking feature wallpaper, this is an impressive abode which has been renovated by a well-regarded interior designer. Open the French doors to be greeted with stunning views of La Grande Plage and ocean, allowing light to flood in to this incredible open-plan living and dining space.
There are three contemporary bedrooms, each one with its own TV, sleek and modern shower rooms and glimpses of the ocean from their sea-facing windows. The master bedroom...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
La Baleine Bleue is in downtown Biarritz, just a couple of minutes walk to the famous La Grande Plage. Set in an old apartment building on the ground and first floor, there are beautiful shops nearby and a restaurant just below the apartment as you gaze out towards the sea. This is a prestigious location in the very heart of this vibrant town. On the Bay of Biscay, in the in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques region, near the border with Spain, beautiful Biarritz dates back to the mid-19th century when aristocracy built their summer residences along this part of the coast, including the well-known Hotel du Palais, built by the wife of Napoleon III, just a couple of minutes from this apartment. The most famous beach, La Grande Plage, takes just a couple of minutes to walk to and you have stunning views towards the beach and ocean from the apartment. Walk up to the incredible lighthouse to the north of the beach and enjoy the incredible views as more energetic guests climb the 200-odd steps. To the south you can wander past the famous casino towards the incredible Rocher of the Vierge peninsular, which can be visited via the Eiffel bridge that connects it to the mainland. You will find some wonderful restaurants in the Port des Pecheurs, the former fishing port, where you will find fresh seafood. Food lovers don’t miss the amazing market at the Halles de Biarritz including many wonderful Basque specialities. Some of the local specialities include the local touron (marzipan), locally cured ham as well as mussels, mushrooms and more. This stretch of 6km coastline includes some excellent beaches suitable for families, sun worshippers and of course surfers. Indeed, Biarritz has become a surfing mecca with surfers from all over the world being attracted to this Basque coastline and there are plenty of surfing schools for abilities and all ages. Oliver’s Travel’s guests can arrange surf coaching or just equipment hire during their stay. For a change of scene, head to the beaches to the north of the lighthouse with wide, sandy stretches, some surrounded by grassland and forests and with beautiful promenades for walkers and cyclists. There are some excellent golf courses along this part of the coastline including the prestigious Golf de Chiberta about 4km north of Biarritz overlooking the wild beaches of Anglet. To the south, passing the family-family beaches of Milady and Plage d'Ilbarritz (3.5km), visit the enchanting Basque village of Bidart (6.5km) with incredible ocean views from the cliff tops or trendy Guéthary (9km) with its excellent restaurants, beaches and overall surfing vibe. If you hire a car or take a private tour, there are also some idyllic Basque villages inland to explore such as two of France’s Plus Beaux Villages; pretty Ainhoa (28km) and Sare (27km), where you can take the old wooden train up to the summit of La Rhune, one of the most dominant peaks of the Pyrénées, where there are some restaurants with incredible views as well as hiking opportunities. Indeed, this whole region offers an extended range of outdoor activities, such as walking, horse-back riding, fishing, cycling, canoeing and many others including water-sports along the coast.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A pre-authorisation of €650 will be charged to clients’ credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (this will also be used to cover any charges/excess not covered by the guests' insurance policy).
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay cleaning for bookings of 2 weeks or more also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are provided. Beach towels are available at extra cost.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : A mandatory insurance policy which covers guests for tenancy liability and property damage liability during their stay is included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : One high chair, one cot and one baby bath are available on request. An extra highchair and cot are available for hire at a cost of €120/week.
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra bed + towels and/or an inflatable mattress + towels are available on request for an extra charge of €150/week and €100/week, respectively.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.