La Toile D’Artiste at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
La Toile D’Artiste sleeps six and occupies the first and top floors of a town house in the heart of Biarritz, only a stroll away from two of its most famous beaches. Recently renovated by a famous Basque architect, it’s a quirky and contemporary apartment with a vintage touch - an unexpected delight tucked away behind a pleasantly sedate and shuttered exterior.
You will particularly love the eclectic mix of styles in the living-dining area, artistically combined to produce a delightful broad canvas. Relax on the seasoned leather couch to admire the designer armchairs, huge wall painting and glass panel feature beside the kitchen.
Intricately designed golden lighting warms the midnight blue of the first floor double bedroom, just along the hallway from the shower room. Two intriguing staircases lead to the upstairs double bedrooms and are a design feature in their own right. Venture up the first to find a light and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
La Toile D’Artiste is situated on a residential road in the heart of Biarritz, seemingly remote from the hustle and bustle but in reality a few minutes walk from Les Halles de Biarritz. La Grande Plage, the city’s most famous beach is only 700m from the apartment. Biarritz, an elegant resort in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques region of south-west France, dates back to the mid-19th century when the aristocracy built their summer residences along this section of the coast, including the well-known Hotel du Palais, built by the wife of Napoleon III. The nearest surfing beach to your apartment is La Plage de la Cote des Basques (650m), which has become a favourite for riders of the waves. Biarritz is a surfing mecca for enthusiasts from all over the world, attracted to its 6km of spectacular coastline. There are many surfing schools which cater for all ages and abilities- coaching or equipment hire can be arranged for Oliver Travel’s guests during their stay. If you love seafood, good restaurants can be found in Port des Pecheurs (650m), the former fishing port. Food lovers, don’t miss the restaurants and market at Les Halles de Biarritz (210m) where you will discover many Basque specialities. Have a taste of the <i>touron</i> (marzipan) and the locally cured ham. When you need a break from the giant waves, there is a tiny sheltered beach at Port Vieux (550m), much loved by locals and situated near the town’s main shopping street, Rue Port Vieux. The History Museum (300m) and Cinema Le Royal (500m) are nearby when you feel like a day away from the ocean. Art Deco architecture is a theme throughout the city, especially along the La Grande Plage. The Casino and the Aquarium, a must for sea-lovers or families, are examples of the style. Another one of the town’s highlights is the spectacular Rocher de la Vierge peninsular (1km), which can be visited via the Eiffel bridge that connects it to the mainland. There are some incredible views from the fascinating lighthouse (2.2km) in the northern part of the town. For a change of scene, head to the beaches to the north of the lighthouse along the Anglet coastline with wide, sandy stretches, some surrounded by grassland and forests and with a beautiful promenade for walkers and cyclists. There are also some idyllic Basque villages inland to explore such as two of France’s <i>Plus Beaux Villages</i>; pretty Ainhoa (25km) and Sare (3km), where you can catch the old wooden train up to the summit of La Rhune, an iconic mountain in the Pyrenees with hiking trails through the Basque countryside and mountain and coastal views from its summit. The whole region offers an extensive range of outdoor activities, including walking, horse- riding, fishing, cycling, canoeing and water-sports along the coast.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A pre-authorisation of €650 will be charged to clients’ credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (this will also be used to cover any charges/excess not covered by the guests' insurance policy).
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 8.00 p.m.
- Late arrivals will be subject to additional fees of €50 (8.00 - 10.00 p.m.), €80 (10.00 p.m. - 12.00 a.m./6.00 - 8.00 a.m.) or €120 (12.00 - 6.00 a.m.), payable locally.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay cleaning for bookings of 2 weeks or more also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are provided. Beach towels are available at extra cost.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : A mandatory insurance policy which covers guests for tenancy liability and property damage liability during their stay is included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : One high chair, one cot and one baby bath are available on request. An extra highchair and cot are available for hire at a cost of €120/week.
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra bed + towels and/or an inflatable mattress + towels are available on request for an extra charge of €150/week and €100/week, respectively.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.