Maison Malbec at Occitanie
Set in the famous vineyards of Cahors, Maison Malbec is a beautifully renovated home owned by the former president of one of the world’s most famous jewellery brands.
Being more than accustomed to things of beauty, it is not surprising that he has a long history with this stunning region, since falling in love with the nearby medieval Château, which he brought back to its former glory and ensured its wines achieve international accolades. His latest project, Maison Malbec, is a luxurious holiday home set amongst the wonderful vineyards of this area where you can experience ultimate comfort in characterful and peaceful surroundings.
The Maison is divided into two parts, the first featuring an elegant living room with a grand open fire and extensive library, a charming country kitchen and an ornate dining room. In the second part of the house there is a delightful summer kitchen by the swimming pool and a games room...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison Malbec is set in a rural location in the heart of a beautiful vineyard, in the Lot region of southern France. The nearest village (8km) is a 10-minute drive away where there is a very good restaurant as well as a lovely grocery store and bakery. The River Lot is also only a ten-minute drive away – ideal for fishing, river swimming as well as boat hire. River cruises take you out to explore Cahors (May to Sept) or there are day trips in July/August all the way from Cahors to Saint-Cirq-Lapopie. The wildlife along the river is beautiful, spot otters or rare birds in the wonderful landscapes along the river’s banks. Wine-lovers are invited to the owner’s prestigious winery, just 10km away, where they can have a VIP private tour and enjoy discounts on the wine, one of the most famous Malbec vineyards in the world. There are of course many other wineries you may wish to visit across this region – this area is well known for its estates producing Malbec wines. Cahors (9km) is a beautiful historic town with the River Lot running through it. Just a fifteen-minute drive away, there is a good choice of supermarkets on the outskirts and a great variety of charming restaurants in the town. On a Wednesday and Saturday morning experience the open farmers market with many local delights to buy from Quercy melons to truffles and foie gras. The famous bridge, Pont Valentré, is UNESCO World Heritage listed and there are other wonderful sightseeing opportunities including the Resistance Museum and the Cathedral. Or simply wander through the medieval lanes, discovering one of the many little squares and secret gardens across the town. Saint-Cirq-Lapopie (33km) is an enchanting hilltop town and classified as one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’. Discover the pretty shops, many selling their crafts or explore the art galleries in the flower-filled lanes. Many artists have been inspired to come here over the years due to its remarkable beauty and charm. Heading north, the beautifully preserved town of Rocamadour (66km) is another amazing place to visit, built on the edge of a cliff with the river at the bottom of the gorge. Puy-l'Évêque (30km) and Gourdon (52km) are also stunning places worthy of a visit, as are the Grotte du Pech Merle caves (35km) with its prehistoric paintings. Further north, enter the valley of the Dordogne and famous villages such as Domme (55km), La Roque-Gageac (58km) and Monpazier (65km) can each be reached in just over an hour. Sarlat-la-Canéda (66km) is one of the area’s most famous towns with its maze of medieval narrow streets, lovely squares and amazing restaurants plus a famous market on a Saturday morning.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £2000 charged to clients' credit card prior to the arrival and refunded two weeks after departure subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Mid-week change is also included.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday (other days on request only).
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from mid-June to mid-September. 3 nights during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Pets welcome? : Yes, on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Pool heating charge? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : The swimming pool is open from May to October (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Heating costs included? : Yes (underfloor heating).
- Other Ts and Cs : A/C in all the bedrooms.