Le Duplex Du Surfeur
Step into this stunning abode and you will be amazed by the historical architecture alongside the ultra-cool contemporary style. In the heart of vibrant Biarritz, this is a neat urban dwelling that has been designed to impress in every way.
With high ceilings, parquet flooring and a grand fireplace (not in use), the living room is a vast and beautiful space with designer furnishings, a 10-person sofa and even artwork which converts into a plasma TV. Prepare a meal in the state-of-the-art kitchen and serve under the sculpture on the chic dining table or invite a chef to cook a private meal during your stay.
The five bedrooms are minimalist yet handsome with a sleek master bedroom on the ground floor and four stylish bedrooms upstairs. In a unique and fascinating layout, two bedrooms sit over the dining space in one wing upstairs whilst steps and a glass bridge lead to two further bedrooms at the front of the house where you...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Le Duplex Du Surfeur is in the heart of Biarritz, in a sought-after neighbourhood with bars and nightclubs. Indeed, the apartment is just above a nightclub, especially popular in the summer. The elegant resort of Biarritz, part of the Pyrénées-Atlantiques region, dates back to the mid-19<sup>th</sup> Century when aristocracy built their summer residences along this part of the coast, including the well-known Hotel du Palais, built by the wife of Napoleon III, just a 10-minute walk away. The most famous beach is La Grande Plage and the south-end of the beach is just a 5-minute walk away. Walk along the beach promenade (or take the little road-train), passing amazing Art Deco buildings such as the nearby casino (also home to a theatre and swimming pool), the Aquarium (a must for sea-lovers or families) and the famous Hotel du Palais. At the top-end of the beach you will reach the fascinating lighthouse where there are some incredible views. You will find some wonderful restaurants in the Port des Pecheurs, the former fishing port, where you will find fresh seafood. Food lovers don’t miss the amazing market at the Halles de Biarritz, a five-minute walk away, including many wonderful Basque specialities. It’s also a lovely atmosphere around the Port Vieux where there is a tiny sheltered beach loved by locals and the town’s main shopping street, Rue Port Vieux. Nearby, another one of the town’s highlights is the incredible Rocher of the Vierge peninsular, which can be visited via the Eiffel bridge that connects it to the mainland. Biarritz offers a 6km long coastline including some other wonderful beaches alongside La Grande Plage including Plage de Milady to the south and Plage de la Cote des Basques, both of which have become a favourite for surfers. Indeed, Biarritz has become a surfing mecca with surfers from all over the world being attracted to the Bay of Biscay and there are plenty of surfing schools for abilities and all ages. Oliver’s Travel’s guests can arrange surf coaching or just equipment hire during their stay. For a change of scene, head to the authentic Basque village of Bidart (6km) up on the cliffs with tremendous views or further south to Guéthary (10km) with its relaxed vibe, excellent beaches and surfing hang-outs. Hire a car and head inland to explore some of the idyllic Basque villages such as pretty Ainhoa (30km) and Sare (27km), where you can take the old wooden train up to the summit of La Rhune, one of the most dominant peaks of the Pyrénées, where there are some restaurants with incredible views as well as hiking opportunities. Both are two of France’s <i>Plus Beaux Villages</i>. Indeed, this whole region offers an extended range of outdoor activities, such as walking, horse-back riding, fishing, cycling, canoeing and many others including water-sports along the coast.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A pre-authorisation of €650 will be charged to clients’ credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (this will also be used to cover any charges/excess not covered by the guests' insurance policy).
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 8.00 p.m.
- Late arrivals will be subject to additional fees of €50 (8.00 - 10.00 p.m.), €80 (10.00 p.m. - 12.00 a.m./6.00 - 8.00 a.m.) or €120 (12.00 - 6.00 a.m.), payable locally.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay cleaning for bookings of 2 weeks or more also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are provided. Beach towels are available at extra cost.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : A mandatory insurance policy which covers guests for tenancy liability and property damage liability during their stay is included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : One high chair, one cot and one baby bath are available on request. An extra highchair and cot are available for hire at a cost of €120/week.
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra bed + towels and/or an inflatable mattress + towels are available on request for an extra charge of €150/week and €100/week, respectively.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests should be particularly careful with the designer furniture in the living room