cosy one bedroom Nestled in the centre of Whitby
Typical to properties of this era, the cottage is called Duck Down Cottage due to areas of the property having low ceilings. In some areas if you are over 5’ 8", you will have to ’duck’ but it all adds to the charm!
You’ll be welcomed into the open plan kitchen, living and dining area to begin with. This cosy space has been utilised to its full potential and features a beamed ceiling and statement fireplace.
The living area boasts a stylish, leather sofa and flat screen TV. Perfect for snuggling up with your loved one, you can enjoy a peaceful night in following a day of exploring the seaside.
In keeping with the rest of the interiors, the kitchen is modern yet elegant. It is fully equipped with a fridge, oven, hob, kettle, toaster and coffee machine. To kick start your self-catering stay, the cottage will have tea, coffee and milk ready for your arrival.
The dining area sits perfectly behind...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Duck Down Cottage is located within Whitby town centre and very close to the harbour. There is a fantastic selection of bars, restaurants and shop's only a short walk away. Whitby itself is situated on the North Yorkshire Heritage Coast and is the perfect place to discover quaint fishing villages such as Staithes and Robin Hood's Bay clinging to the steep cliffs to the north and south. Now popular with visitors all year round, Whitby is well-known for its sandy beach and fantastic seafood, all of which can be enjoyed no matter what the weather! Whether you're visiting for a romantic retreat, seaside fun, walks along the coast, or dining in quality restaurants, you’ll find that Whitby has it all. As you make your way inland either on foot or by car, you'll be greeted by the breathtaking moorland vistas surrounding upland villages such as Goathland, Danby and Castleton.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- On select bookings made after May 6th, 2020 with a check-out date on or before June 30, 2021*, guests may cancel up to 10 days before arrival and receive a full refund minus a $75 credit card processing fee. *Exclusion and Blackout dates apply. Stays taking place between December 20, 2020 and January 3, 2021 do not qualify for 10-day cancellation. Some individual homes may not be participating as noted in their individual Property Display Page.
- **THIS HOME IS EXCLUDED FROM THE 10-DAY CANCEL WITH FULL REFUND OPTION**
- - No smoking - No parties or events - Check-in time is 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM