Ayrshire Castle at Scotland
Ayrshire Castle, Scotland’s most exclusive holiday home, has lived several lives since its construction in the 15th century as a wedding gift for Princess Mary, daughter of James II of Scotland. Once a court and prison, now it is restored as luxurious accommodations for 12-14 guests.
An easy walk from West Kilbride and its craft studios and galleries, this castle to rent has excellent views of the Firth of Clyde and the Isle of Arran from its roof. Golf at several nearby world-famous courses, enjoy a walk on the Ayrshire coastal shoreline or fish in several rivers and lochs. Bookish guests will love exploring Scotland’s literary past in the birthplace of the poet Robert Burns.
The castle itself weds the medieval to the contemporary. The bedrooms feature wood-burning stoves and marvellous four-poster hand carved beds with velvet drapes. However, the formal great hall has a large TV and an ipod dock tucked behind a...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The castle is 20 miles from Glasgow Prestwick Airport, 24 miles from Glasgow Airport, and 70 miles from Edinburgh Airport. Golf: Turnberry Golf Course - Situated on a magnificent stretch of the Atlantic coastline, with the gently rolling Scottish countryside at its back, Turnberry is unquestionably one of the great resorts of the world. For countless thousands of players the world over, Turnberry is simply the finest golfing destination of all. The scene of some of the most remarkable moments in Open history, the legendary Ailsa is complemented by the dynamic challenges of the new Kintyre championship course. Royal Troon Golf Course - One of the great links courses in Scotland, the Old Course is a challenging test of golfing ability. With the wind to contend with, and deep rough interspersed with gorse and broom, accurate shot making is essential. Players should make their scores on the outward nine, as the prevailing north-westerly wind can make the back nine extremely difficult. Prestwick Golf Course extends a warm welcome to all golfers from all around the world wishing to come and enjoy the testing traditional Links. Prestwick Golf Club is situated just half an hour south west of Glasgow on the famous golfing Ayrshire coast. A stretch of land unequaled anywhere in the world for prime golfing terrain. Prestwick shares it boundaries with Royal Troon and is just 20 minutes from Turnberry, with Open final qualifying courses such as Kilmarnock Barassie, Glasgow Gailes, Western Gailes and Irvine Bogside all within just 5 minutes drive. Walk in the footsteps of Tam O'Shanter in "Alloway's auld haunted kirk" and across auld Brig O'Doon, where Tam's mare, Meg had her narrow escape from the witches. View Robert Burns' beloved Ayrshire countryside from the roof of Burns Monument and experience the humour and excitement of Robert Burns best-loved tale in the Tam O'Shanter Experience. Loch Lomond must be the worlds most famous Loch and has been much written about, both in song and verse. The area is renowned for its beauty and tranquillity and offers picture postcard views around every corner. Arran Heli-Tours is a Scenic Helicopter Tour and Charter service based at the Balmichael Visitor Centre, Shiskine, on the Isle of Arran. Contact Oliver's VIP Concierge Team to learn about an exciting range of activity days, breaks and courses to suit all ages and abilities, in Ayrshire and throughout the whole of Scotland. Activities are available to individual and group visitors to the area, as well local individuals, families, groups, organisations and companies. From White Water Rafting to Rock Climbing & Abseiling, Snowboarding to Team Building & Problem Solving events, nearly any activity you desire can be arranged. Enjoy the thrill of riding over acres of countryside on fully automatic quad bikes. Also, indoor air rifle and clay pigeon shooting. Come racing at Ayr and enjoy a great day out at Scotland's top racing venue. Throughout 2001 Ayr stages 25 days racing, both NH and Flat, providing all year round entertainment and top sporting action. Mucky Wheels Off Road Experience is a 4x4 off-road driving course. Enjoy the thrill of off-road driving at the wheel or as a passenger. Alternatively drive your own 4x4 around the course. Individuals and groups welcome. Scottish Paintball Centre is located near Fenwick, just off the A77, 20 minutes from both Ayr and Glasgow, offering high quality and value for money paintball. SPC also runs Special Ops laser scenario games.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Any day of the week.
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 2-night minimum stay
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Pets welcome? : No pets
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.