Charming Traditional 19th Century Chateau in the heart of Gascony
In a tiny village surrounded by rolling countryside in the heart of Gascony, this glorious château embodies the spirit of Gers with its character, relaxed ambience and tranquillity.
Within a short drive of three of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’, Château Armagnac is perfectly positioned for exploring this glorious region. This 19th century home has been converted into a self-catering holiday home for up to 18 guests across its 7 impressive ensuite bedrooms. The owner’s kind hospitality is evident through range of optional services they can offer like a beautifully laid out buffet breakfast of delightful regional produce, wine-tastings at the château or private vineyard tours (after all, one of the owners is an oenologist!) and a concierge service for any other requests you may have.
Throughout the château, you’ll find touches of Gascon character such as the oak beamed ceilings, exposed walls, stone floors, grand...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Bathtub: Separate Tub and Shower
Outdoor Dining Area
In the very heart of the Gers, in the historic region of Gascony, Château Armagnac lies in a very small but characterful village surrounded by wonderful countryside in an area known for its natural beauty, slow pace of life and extraordinary food and drink. The location is especially superb due to its proximity to three of the region’s classified ‘Plus Beaux Villages de France’; Montréal (8km), Fourcès (13km) and Larressingle (12km), all within an easy drive. The nearest, Montréal-du-Gers, is a bastide town with a central square dating back to the 13th century and home to a small handful of restaurants. Look out for the medieval night markets if staying in the height of the summer! Admire the impressive fortified walls in charming Larressingle and explore the winding medieval lanes in beautiful Fourcés. Both Larressingle and Montréal-du-Gers are on one of the major pilgrim paths that lead to Santiago de Compostela. The small town of Éauze (13km) is also a picturesque place to spend some time and a useful spot for shopping (especially at the Thursday morning market) whilst the town of Condom (18km) offers further amenities alongside its Wednesday market, gastronomic restaurants and its magnificent cathedral. After exploring the historic centre, take a stroll along the banks of the Baise river; in the summer you can even hire a small motor boat for a day out exploring. The land of Grand Armagnac and excellent wine, the owners can arrange an exclusive tasting inside your château or reserve a private tour of some of the finest vineyards and wineries in Gascony; indeed one of the owner is a well-regarded oenologist who can share his passion and knowledge with you. The owners can also recommend some of the best restaurants in the area where you can experience wonderful regional cuisine or provide information about weekly organic and summer night markets across Gers. The local produce of this part of Gascony really is quite incredible from foie gras and magret to wild peaches, mushrooms and so much more, depending on the season. Those who crave activities can cycle across the quiet roads of the surrounding countryside filled with incredible scenery or follow many walking trails nearby. There is also horse-riding close by and various golf courses across the region including the 18-hole Le Golf d’Éauze within a short drive. A little further afield, other fascinating villages and towns to visit include Fleurance (45km) and Lectoure (40km), especially on market day and the beautiful town of Auch (52km), the historic capital of Gascony. Heading over the border to Landes, the famous town of Roquefort (57km) is a must for cheese-lovers whilst prunes soaked in Armagnac are an absolute delight in Agen (58km), in the Lot-et-Garonne department. Not forgetting Marciac (57km), around an hour away, home to the famous summer jazz festival which attracts performers from across the world in late July and August every year. If visiting at other times of year, look out for various musical and theatre performances at the impressive venue L’Astrada, visit one of the many art galleries or soak up the vibrant ambience of this historic town.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Building Elevator
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 via bank transfer to the owner before arrival/by cheque upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, changed mid-stay for stays of more than one week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, and mid-stay clean included for stays of more than one week. Please note guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The swimming pool is open approximately June to end-September (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in July and August, 2 nights during all other periods.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, the pet supplement of €30 per pet per day will apply (paid locally).
- Other Ts and Cs : When minimum occupancy is booked, certain rooms may not be accessible (subject to owner's discretion) - best to enquire with us beforehand.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the bedrooms only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).