Exceptional Villa with 360 Degree Views, Infinity Pool, and Fragrant Garden
Perched atop Monte Santa Croce sits a 6000 hectare family estate, where you’ll discover this exceptional villa in Umbria. Restored from the ruins of a medieval church, inside you’ll find every modern comfort. Plush furnishings and diaphanous curtains lend lightness and elegance to the heavy wooden beams overhead. Outside you’ll marvel at the 360 degree view of the valleys below, perhaps from the infinity pool perched on the edge of it all.
Here your every comfort is the staff’s concern - they can help you arrange spa services, wine tours, or provide hotel services (choose the vill’otel option to have breakfast provided!) You might take many meals at Il Caldaro, the on-site restaurant, or cook in the sweet country-style kitchen. You must dine outside on the stone terrace, where the fragrant gardens make every meal more beautiful.
Hiking, fishing, and golfing opportunities surround this holiday villa. The nearest...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa la Macchia has the unique advantage of being situated in the very centre of Umbria, an area where the simple pleasures of country living embrace art, history and architecture offering wonderful food and wine in nearby towns throughout the two adjoining regions of Lazio and Tuscany. Florence and Rome are within two hours’ drive of the Estate and Siena, Arezzo, Assisi, Gubbio, Todi and Orvieto are all closeby. The region’s capital city Perugia is just 20 minutes away and offers a wealth of cultural activities that include opera and the famous Umbria Jazz and Eurochocolate festivals. Other spectacular hilltop towns include Cortona and Preggio, the latter with its annual classical music festival, as well as the annual Montone Film Festival which attracts an international audience. Staff on the estate also arrange wine tours, guided tours of the most beautiful towns in Umbria (all within 20-30 minutes by car from the estate), massages and beauty treatments in the villa, as well as pilates and yoga classes in villa, chefs in villa with butler and many other things.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to client’s credit card by the owner as a pre-authorisation upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 pm.
- Departure time : 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost, payable locally. Available on request.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pool heating charge? : Extra cost, payable locally.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.