Elegant Villa with Rich History, Lake Views, and Pool
This prestigious villa, set within a large estate, provides accommodation for 8 guests across 4 beautiful bedrooms. The property offers elegant features while maintaining its original, historical details. The estate was designed in the twenties by the architect Giancarlo Maroni, famous for also designing the Vittoriale degli Italiani nearby. The estate was renovated in 2008 and offers a refined and elegant residence for guests who want to indulge in relaxation and tranquillity. The estate is surrounded by 1,000 ancient olive trees that are still producing high quality extra-virgin, DOP certificated olive oil. Guests are able to enjoy the rich taste of this precious oil and will also notice the beautiful aromas filling the air as they walk around the estate. The owners are incredibly excited to host visitors at this property overlooking Lake Garda. This elegant historical villa, situated on a beautiful plateau surrounded by hectares of...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Storia is an elegant and exclusive hillside property located on the western shore of Lake Garda. Located 300m above sea level and surrounded by 10 hectares of olive groves, the villa provides guests with an incomparable panorama spanning across the lower lake and the quaint village of Gaino. The nearest town is Toscolano Maderno, less than 3 km away. The villa is in a strategic position for guests who want to quickly reach places of interest, culture and entertainment. Along with several local festivals, culinary events and firework displays, the list below provides information on the most popular attractions nearby. Gardone Riviera, known as the garden city, is only a few kilometres away and hosts the 'Vittoriale degli italiani', a beautiful, historic home and museum for the poet and writer Gabriele D'Annunzio. The writer spent the last years of his life there. The outdoor amphitheatre offers a rich programme of performances during the summer. The historical and cultural city of Brescia offers several artistic and cultural events throughout the year. The Santa Giulia Museum has interesting exhibitions, and there is an annual vintage car race from May 13th to 17th. The eastern shore of Lake Garda also offers important attractions. Verona, the city famous for Romeo and Juliet, is a hub for art and history lovers as well as for those in search of good shopping and entertainment options. The Arena di Verona theatre hosts famous works during the summer opera season. Finally, the view from the villa offers a glimpse over to the southern coast of the Lake, attainable also by boat or ferry, the Gulf of Desenzano and Sirmione, whose summit holds the remains of the Roman villa Grotte di Catullo, dating back to the 1st century AD. The location of the villa, surrounded by green hills and overlooking Lake Garda, offers many choices of outdoor activities. Nearby are the Bogliaco golf course and the sailing centre of Gargnano, famous for the Centomiglia boat race. The tranquil environment around the estate is perfect for nature lovers. The nearby woods offer long walks and are ideal for picnics. The mountains offer harder trekking and climbing, and the hill trails have fantastic horse riding or mountain biking opportunities. Even for the most adventurous there are unique opportunities including paragliding, hang gliding or wind and kite surfing on the nearby shores of the lake. Horse riding can be done near the villa. The lake is just 3 km away. Kayaks and boats are available to rent.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to client’s credit card (Visa/Mastercard/Amex) by the owner upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3 pm - 8 pm (€50 per hour fee for out of hours check-in).
- Departure time : 8 am - 10 am (€50 per hour fee for out of hours check-out).
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, with midweek change. Also bath robes and bathroom amenities included.
- Pets welcome? : Small dogs are allowed on request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €100 per pet per stay will apply (paid locally). There is an extra €500 per pet fee on top of the security deposit if you would like to bring your pet along.
- Changeover day : Saturday from June to September. Flexible on other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay cleaning on a Wednesday also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from June to September and Christmas/NY, 3 nights during the other periods.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pool heating charge? : Extra of €350 per week (paid locally). Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : High chairs and cots on request (free of charge).
- Other Ts and Cs : Up to two extra single beds are available on request only, subject to an extra cost payable locally.
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.