Palatial 19th-Century Home in the Heart of Dubrovnik
This grand 19th Century town residence is a special and unique place to stay, only 300m from the old town of Dubrovnik, a UNESCO World Heritage site and known to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
Set in an elite residential neighbourhood, Old Town Villa Dubrovnik is perched on the hillside with fabulous terraced gardens and spectacular views. It has recently been painstakingly restored with the greatest care and attention to detail and the result is a simply stunning home steeped in tradition yet with unique contemporary style. Original features include stunning ceiling paintings, restored iron banisters, wooden staircases and original doors yet the owners have contrasted this with Scandinavian design and a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere.
In the main house you will find a bright living room with a cosy fireplace for winter evenings and a modern kitchen-diner with contemporary art-work adding...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Business Facilities: Meeting Rooms
Outdoor Dining Area
In an absolutely prime location, you are only 10-15 minutes walk from the old town. Above the villa is a serene traffic free promenade to the city, taking 15 minutes, that passes historic estates and stunning residences. Alternatively, below the villa is the main road connecting the old town and other parts of the city, where you can hop on a bus by the University or walk the shorter 10 minutes route into the old town. Known to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Dubrovnik is now a UNESCO World Heritage site with good reason. Walk around the city’s medieval walls dating back to the 13th Century, discover the Baroque churches and palazzi in the pedestrianised city centre and dine well in one of the many upmarket restaurants specialising in local seafood. The cable car up to the top of Mount Srdj offers stunning views of the city, sea and islands and keen hikers can walk back down! From Dubrovnik port you can also discover one of the other islands in the Adriatic with a wide choice of boat excursions on offer. The rocky beaches within walking distance may appeal to those of you looking to bathe in the sun but it's not far to longer stretches of beach with a mixture of sand and pebbles, such as Banje Beach (2km) just east of Dubrovnik or Uvala beach (3km) on Lapad, a stunning area of Mediterranean landscapes and pretty swimming spots and beaches. Should you wish to hire a car there is a wealth of pretty villages and settlements to discover heading west along the Dubrovnik Riviera. Stroll along the sea-front promenade in Zaton (13km) and stop in a little restaurant to admire the view with a glass of chilled wine or head a little further to the ancient olive groves and picturesque beach at Orasac (16km). Trsteno (19km) has a natural beauty and a long tradition of culture with many artists and poets living there or drive up the coast to Slano (34km) with its gentle bay backed by pine trees and olive groves. Being so close to Dubrovnik means you have so many activities on offer with a wide range of watersports nearby such as jet ski, kayaking and parasailing plus boat rental and fishing. You can also drive inland for further activities in the beautiful Konavle valley (around 30km) where you can explore an area that has retained its old traditions and customs. It’s an area wonderful for walkers with many trails and horse-riding is possible in the countryside and remote coastal paths of the region.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : The cost of one-night of your stay (this will vary depending on dates) will be required as a damage deposit. This is to be paid in euros upon arrival and is to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure.
- Arrival time : 5pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price, once a week for 7 night stays
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : City Tax €1 per day, per person (Adults) & Children 12-18 years pay 50%
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Security deposit :
- Minimum stay : 7 nights between July - August, otherwise 5 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection
- Pets welcome? : No pets
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Cots and highchairs are on request and may be subject to a fee, please enquire.