Vibrant, Tranquil Villa With Pool and Terrace
Casa Janaina is a vibrantly-toned two storey crimson home for six set within the colourful and bustling heart of Palheiro Village, Madeira, offering write-home-about views at every turn. Crafted in the local style, with pretty white porticos and sloping terracotta roofs, the elegant outdoor spaces include a pool with Roman steps and views across a tropical hillside to the sparkling Atlantic coast.
The interiors at Casa Janaina are airy and naturally restorative, with a vibe of understated luxury and light-filled ease. Open plan living offers a touch of a traditional home complete with fireplace, along with all creature comforts. Splashes of red offset the creamy neutral palette. Simple yet stylish, the dining and kitchen area is impeccably finished for the needs of a group, with top-grade appliances, while terrace access and the beckoning views feature wherever guests look.
Preparing morning coffee overlooking...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Casa Janaina is set within the heart of Palheiro Village in Madeira, perched in the hills atop the Atlantic ocean above Funchal this pretty spot offers sublime views and an effortless setting for a tranquil break. Golfing, beaches and amenities are all close by, while panoramic views of the ocean and hills bathed in wild flowers characterise this spot. The estate itself comprises the 18 hole golf course, gym and spa, while Funchal is just a ten minute drive away. Madeira is known for its dramatic scenery and botanic gardens, offering a hikers’ paradise, through sun dappled mimosa-clad landscapes and volcanic soil, fertile with brightly sprouting blossom. The Levada dos Tornos between the Palheiro and Funchal municipal botanical gardens is a gentle walk for intermediates. Or, the Levada do Norte between the hill villages of Estreito de Câmara de Lobos and Nogueira takes visitors into the island’s main wine-producing region, a patchwork of vineyards that cling to sheer cliff faces. Known for its wilderness and natural beauty, a visit to the volcanic heart of Madeira is a must, taking a roller-coaster road to the summit of Pico do Arieiro, the third-highest peak, where a snack bar offers spectacular views of solidified lava and ash. 28 miles north-east of Madeira, guests can hop on a ten minute flight, or take a 2.5 hour ferry to the golden island of Porto Santo where the charming Vila Baleira, home to the Christopher Columbus Museum, serves as the capital and has a handful of restaurants.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit cards details requested as guarantee
- Arrival time : 2.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 12.00 Noon
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 5 nights between 26/12 - 02/01. Otherwise, 3 nights.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping is not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : €250 per week, to be paid upon arrival
- Other Ts and Cs : Cot & High Chair available upon request