Beautifully-Restored Country House Surrounded by Nature
Part of a huge estate within the idyllic Val d’Orcia region of southern Tuscany, Villa Addario is a beautifully-restored country house surrounded by unspoilt nature. Enjoy breathtaking views over the rolling hills that are a typical feature of the landscape, all from this incredibly quiet retreat and its extensive grounds.
The interiors of both the main villa and separate cottage showcase an elegant design and feature many antique pieces of furniture. An abundance of natural materials, such as stone, brick and wood add to the authentic atmosphere of this tucked-away idyll.
Within the main villa are numerous living spaces that are all tastefully furnished. They offer plenty of comfortable seating for evenings spent relaxing in front of the fireplace or watching television. Some are more suited to quieter activities, such as reading or working, so you’ll always find a place to suit your needs. The kitchen is equipped with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Addario is not only surrounded by the wild beauty of a rural estate, but also the rolling hills of the Val d’Orcia countryside. The estate offers shooting and hunting, so you can take in the idyllic landscapes as you pursue these traditional country activities. Several historic sites and buildings are just a short drive away, such as the Necropoli Delle Pianacce and ancient castle in hilltop Sarteano. This small village is also the best place to pick up groceries and any other holiday essentials you might need. There’s also a good selection of restaurants, with some serving traditional Tuscan food. The picture-perfect medieval village of San Casciano dei Bagni (17km) is around 20 minutes away by car. It’s most known for its thermal springs and pretty churches. An hour’s drive north is another historic town - Arezzo (71km). It’s full of impressive religious buildings to stroll around, such as a cathedral and Basilica di San Francesco. Riserva Naturale Lucciola Bella (24km) is a huge nature reserve that offers both fantastic views and walks through the hills. Many birds call this reserve home, so you might be lucky enough to spot species such as the Eurasian stone curlew. You can explore the rugged landscapes in even more dramatic fashion by 4x4 vehicle. A city that’s world-famous for its Renaissance art and architecture, Florence (145km) is approximately two hours away by car. It’s definitely worth the extra journey time if you can manage it, as you’re rewarded by sights such as the red-domed Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore. There’s also the Uffizi Gallery, Leonardo da Vinci Museum and the Accademia Gallery to visit. The latter is home to Michelangelo’s David.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500. This is paid prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price.
- Heating & Air condition: Not included in rental price and has to be paid according to the amount consumed.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and towels are changed twice a week and included in the rental price.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Baby cot: €30. Please mention when booking.
- Included: 4 hours of daily cleaning and number 2 hours on Sundays, linen change twice a week
- Pets welcome? : No
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, except air-conditioning.
- > If not included, what are they? : Air Conditioning upon consumption
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, linen changed twice per week.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €25 per pet per day will apply (paid locally).
- Changeover day : Saturday in high season. Flexible during all other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included along with daily cleaning (4 hours a day, 2 hours on sundays). However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in high season, 3 nights during all other periods.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost to be paid locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Cot and extra bed are available at extra cost, please enquire.
- Other Ts and Cs : When minimum occupancy is booked, certain rooms may not be accessible (subject to owner's discretion) - best to enquire with us beforehand.