Restored 18th-century Villa with Modern Comforts
This restored 18th century villa in Tuscany emanates grandeur from a bygone area. Originally used by noble families as a country retreat, the estate is ideally situated to explore the cultural gems and scenic wonders of Tuscany.
With antique furnishings, grand hallways, and Palladian style design, the estate exudes refinery and elegance, with plenty of spaces for guests to unwind. The remodelled kitchen and formal dining room make meals something to look forward to. In the warmer months, dining al fresco on the expansive terrace beside the lemon trees, or beneath a romantic canopy of foliage with stunning views of the countryside is the real treat.
All six bedrooms on the first floor boast en suite bathrooms and original charm. Those relaxing in the upper living room will also enjoy privileged views of the ancient village of Monteriggioni from the balcony. Outside within the 1,000 sqm park, a private pool surrounded by...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Vinci is set in the perfect location to explore Chianti and Tuscany. Chianti is a vast hilly area located in the centre of Tuscany. The land was originally farmed thousands of years ago by both the Etruscans and Romans, They worked the land to produce olive oil and wine, shaping the countryside of modern Tuscany. The Chianti area includes the medieval towns of Castellina, Radda, Greve, Castelnuovo Berardenga and Gaiole. Villa Vinci's central location provides the exclusive opportunity to visit the many towns of this rich and varied area of Tuscany. From the terrace of the villa, guests can admire the beautiful medieval castle walls that surround the village of Monteriggioni. The town still preserves most of its 13th century-era buildings and provides unique examples of a medieval Tuscan town. On the edge of an extensive plain and at the foot Monte Maggio near Villa Vinci, guests can visit the abbey of Abbadia a Isola, a rare example of a Romanesque church in the Siena area. It is composed of three naves and three apses, surrounded by a small village and the ruins of medieval fortifications. Inside the church, guests can see important frescoes that have been carefully preserved. Explore the land between the two most important cities of Tuscany, Siena and Florence. Guests should not miss touring San Gimignano. The most striking features of San Gimignano are the thirteen medieval towers that overlook the valley and mark the skyline of the town. Walking through the streets of the village, guests willl breathe in the atmosphere of the small workshops of artists, craftsmen, potters and goldsmiths. A visit to the old town of Certaldo, whose origins date back to 6th century AD, is highly recommended. The town is mostly famous for being the birthplace of the poet Giovanni Boccaccio and it produces delicious lesser-known special onions. For those who want to explore off the main roads, a drive along the Via Volterrana, with its unusual landscape, hills with continuous ups and downs and curve after curve will provide the perfect escape. The driving experience is very different from what is commonly known of Tuscany. A must-see along this route is the town of Volterra. It dates back to the 3rd century BC, and to enter it, guests must pass under the famous gate Porta dell'Arco. This is a unique example of Etruscan construction still in perfect condition. Other Activities: In the nearby area there are many outdoor activities, from horse riding to mountain biking and hiking. Wine lovers cannot miss the opportunity to follow wine tours in the Chianti Classico area and in the rich areas of Montepulciano and Montalcino, where the high quality Brunello and Nobile wines are produced. For those who want to play golf, the Abbadia Golf Club of Colle Val d'Elsa, just 8 km from the villa, offers a 6-hole path from where guests can enjoy a splendid view of Colle Val d'Elsa and San Gimignano. Tennis fans can find, just 2 km in waking distance from the villa, the Tennis Club in the town of Staggia Senese, which offers the chance to play in an open or covered field. For anyone wishing to enjoy a relaxing thermal bath, the Terme di Petriolo can be accessed free of charge. Just 30 minutes away from the villa, near Castelnuovo Berardenga, there is a go-kart circuit available for children or adults who want to try this fun experience. Finally, a visit to the enchanting Abbazia di San Galgano, surrounded by natural reserves, is one of the best examples of Cistercian Gothic style in Italy. It is famous for the absence of its roof and for the presence of "the sword in the stone" which gave birth to many legends. Local Amenities: - Closest town Staggia Senese: 2 km - Restaurant Staggia Senese: 2 km - Grocery store Staggia Senese: 2 km - Bakery Antico forno di Staggia: 2 km - Supermarket Poggibonsi: 7 km - Golf course Abbadia Golf Club: 9 km - Tennis court Tennis Club Staggia: 2 km - Horse riding centre Club Ippico Agrifoglio: 1 km - Hospital Poggibonsi: 7 km Location: - Florence airport Peretola: 65 km - Pisa airport Galileo Galilei: 90 km - Rome airport Fiumicino: 280 km - Milan airport Malpensa: 400 km - Abbazia di Vallombrosa: 73 km - Arezzo: 82 km - Cecina Mare (nearest beach): 77 km - Certaldo: 23 km - Colle Val d’Elsa: 9 km - Florence: 55 km - Lucca: 92 km - Montalcino: 60 km - Montepulciano: 85 km - Monteriggioni: 6 km - Pisa: 95 km - San Galgano: 42 km - San Gimignano: 20 km - Sant’Antimo: 70 km - Siena: 19 km - Terme di Petriolo: 48 km - Vinci: 55 km - Volterra: 37 km
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3.00 p.m. Arrivals later than 8:00 p.m. will be considered as “late check-in”, with an extra charge of €
- Departure time : 10.00
- Energy costs included? : Included up to 400kw per week.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen and towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday in May, June, July, August and September, flexible during other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €180, paid locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Heating costs included? : No, €4.50 per unit.