Large Tuscan Estate with Private Spa, Sleeps 22
This magical old stone farmhouse has just been renovated, and offers nine en-suite bedrooms in traditional luxurious Tuscan styling, just minutes from the ancient town of Volterra.
The villa sits independently upon its own estate offering wonderful 360 degree views of the surrounding countryside that can be observed from the private swimming pool or the al-fresco dining area. There is also a delightful selection of spa facilities that include a heated Jacuzzi, salt cave and massage area, where you can unwind in your own private sanctuary.
This property is perfect for large holidays with friends or family, and also for weddings and large celebrations, with catering and wine tasting on demand, and plenty of exciting cultural and traditional experiences on offer. Learn how to cook pizza the real Italian way at the wood burning stove outside, or go foraging in the olive groves that surround the villa, then see your pickings...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Business Facilities: Meeting Rooms
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Monte Nero is located in the beautiful Tuscan countryside, in Volterra amid the nature reserve of Montenero. The Villa has 30 acres of land with beautiful olive trees and explansive green spaces where you can take a relaxing stroll immersed in nature. The reserve offers many marked trails that can be done on foot or by bicycle, and there are numerous natural waterfalls and some small lakes for diving. The nearest town is Volterra, just 7 km away. Volterra is a famous town, that has amassed a fascinating history and character over the years. A little further away there are also the most beautiful art cities such as Florence and Siena San Gimignano.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price (up to 600 kw/h per week).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Security deposit : Weddings and celebrations are permitted on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.