Large Rustic Tuscan Villa with Swimming Pool
Villa Barberina is a place that has been stopped in time and is steeped in history. The quaint yet large cottage style villa is a nostalgic palace immersed in beautiful Italian woods, vineyards and olive groves. Surrounding this magnificent villa that is located in the Chianti area is all the very best that nature has to offer; aromatic lavender, delicious fruit trees, and delightful flowers.
The outside areas of Villa Barberina boast numerous living and seating areas, including a roofed terrace, making it effortless to gaze at some of the region’s best views while enjoying a glass of the country’s finest wine in your very own sweet escape. The outside dining area is large enough to seat ten people and makes for magical evenings spent eating and drinking under the moon and stars or staring at the awe-inspiring skyline of San Gimignano that overlooks the villa. The private pool is the ultimate staple of luxury. Located...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Barberina is situated in an idyllic and hushed area of Chianti, but the rest of Italy’s treasures are not too far away. You will be only a forty-five-minute drive away from Florence and Siena. The nearest town is Castellina, famous for its spectacular wine, cultivated from the Chianti Hills. The old town sees travellers flock to the 16th-century San Salvatore church and the Via delle Volte, a historical arched passageway built in medieval times, giving visitors an insight into an ancient world. For those wishing to revel in the history of the local surroundings, following the 'via Chiantigiana' route which connects Florence to Siena will lead you to explore various churches, abbeys, monasteries, villages, and hamlets. The areas on the route are world renowned for their excellent food and wine: sample the most extraordinary extra virgin olive oil, cheese and salami. The famed site of San Galgano is in the picturesque region of Val di Merse. It is renowned for its deep and rich history and is visited today particularly to view the San Galgano Abbey which has always depicted an important reference point for world travellers. The enchanting building sees the very best of Cistercian architecture and one of the fascinating sites to see at San Galgano represents the legend of The Stone and the Sword. Catholic saint Galgano Guidotti received a divine message which led him to split rock with a sword, today at the Abbey; the sword can still be seen embedded into the stone. Other great local locations to visit include San Gimignano, Volterra, Lucca, and Pisa.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : Vacate rooms by 09.00 am and check out by 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen & bath towel included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : Pets are allowed
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Security deposit :
- Security deposit :
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Heating costs included? : No. Paid in cash on departure, charged on consumption.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air conditioning is included in the rental price.
- Changeover day : Saturday in high & medium season, flexible in low season
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.