Traditional Sicilian Villa with Sea Views
Despite its superb position within a short walk from the centre of the beautiful medieval village of Castroreale and the spectacular sea views overlooking the world renowned Aeolian Islands, Casa Artemisia can still be ranked a “hidden gem.” Set back in the hills near Sicily’s slightly lesser known northern coast, on arrival you will feel that you have landed somewhere very authentic and real, that you will love telling your friends about when you return.
Unpretentious but with a sense of comfort and space, this three bedroom villa is perfect for a larger family who wants to spread out. All on ground level, with one master bedroom en-suite, two other good size bedrooms sharing a bathroom and the possibility to sleep a further two on a sofa bed in the lounge, this villa has a “home away from home” feel. A large and well-equipped kitchen/dining room and a spacious, sociable lounge complete this impression.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Located between Tindari and Milazzo, Castroreale is a village of medieval origins; it has recently been voted the 2nd most beautiful village in Italy. It offers a rich heritage of art, picturesque streets and squares and stunning views that extend from Capo Milazzo to Tindari with a view of the Aeolian Islands and behind it the Peloritan Hills. Casa Artemisa is within easy reach of the “A-list” Sicilian destinations such as Taormina (62 miles) and Cefalu (82 miles). Mount Etna is reachable in just over 2 hours. Both Catania or Palermo airports are feasible to arrive into, so you can seek out the best deal! Attractions and places to visit: Cefalù is a coastal city located approximately an hour and a half drive away where you can visit its 12th century Norman Cathedral famous for its elaborate Byzantine mosaics and soaring towers and the Mandralisca museum which is home to archaeological exhibits and a picture gallery with a portrait of Antonello da Messina. Mount Etna is Europe’s tallest active volcano with trails leading to the summit, is a “must see” when visiting Sicily. It is near the hilltop town of Taormina, which is only an hour and 15 minutes drive from the Villa. Taormina is known for Teatro Antico di Taormina - an ancient Greco-Roman theatre that is still used today. It is also home to gorgeous sandy beaches with a narrow stretch of sand connecting to Isola Bella, a tiny island and nature reserve. Milazzo is the largest commune in the Metropolitan City after Messina, the prime location for setting foot on to one of the UNESCO world heritage sites, the Aeolian Islands. (the main port of departure for those heading to the Aeolian Islands) With several Hydrofoils (passenger only) leaving daily and throughout the year, crossings take between 45 Minutes to 3 hours depending on which Island you are heading for. Tindari is a Greek-Roman archaeological site in Sicily, located only 40 minutes drive away. Tindari is home to the legend of The Black Madonna, art, culture, nature reserves, and fairytale landscapes. Parco Jalari (Jalari Park Museum) is situated on the Peloritan Mountains just a 15-minute drive away from the villa. The park contains hundreds of sculptures and stone fountains as well as over 40 Artesian shops with the aim to recreate the atmosphere of the past.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €150 payable in cash, upon arrival
- Arrival time : 4 pm
- Departure time : 10 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen & towels included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Minimum stay : 7 nights, 4 nights in october
- Heating costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Pool heating charge? : Not included in the rental price, €249 per week
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra guest 15€ per person per night (high season); 10€ per person per night (low season)