Palazzo Novara is a 17th century mansion in Lake Orta that underwent a total refurbishment in 2012. All the original architecture has been restored with luxurious finishes and all modern comforts. There are large fireplaces, coffered ceilings, incredible wall art and sumptuous furniture throughout. Every bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom, flat screen satellite TV and an audio system.
Spread across three levels the ground floor contains the study, kitchen, dining room, guest bathroom and spa with all areas opening out on to the garden. The spa features an indoor pool (12mx2.5m), waterfall, steam bath, two showers and a WC, all directly accessible from the garden. Up on the first floor is a spacious living area with fireplace, two en-suite bedrooms and a guest bathroom. The second floor has a further two en-suite bedrooms, a library and music room, guest bathroom and laundry. From the top floor you have wonderful views...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Away from the hustle and bustle of Como and Maggiore is tiny, bewitching Lake Orta. This is truly the stuff of fairy tales, crumbling baroque buildings and wild gardens set against the glittering lake. The streets and surrounds burst into flower every spring, and in autumn the foliage turns to brilliant shades of yellow, orange, and red. Nearby Vacciago lies just above Orta San Giulio and overlooks the lake and San Giulio Island. Vacciago has been a popular holiday haunt for the noble families of Milan and Piedmont for centuries and features stunning 16th and 17th century buildings. Lovers of contemporary art will enjoy the Calderara Foundation where several hundred pieces collected by the Calderara family are on display. While staying at Palazzo Novara, a trip to the Sacro Monte of Orta is a must. This remarkable site is perched on a hill, 360m above sea level, and is on the UNESCO World Heritage list. Set in botanical gardens, the site consists of 21 chapels built between the 15th and 17th centuries. The chapels are extravagantly decorated with frescoes and statues, dedicated to the life of Saint Francis. Walking around the site is meditative with incredible views over the town and lake. The town of Orta San Giulio is picturesque, the maze of narrow streets full of incredible restaurants, bars, craft shops and art galleries. You can catch a boat across to San Giulio Island and enjoy a meal at its only restaurant – vine-covered and stunning at sunset. The Palazzo is in close proximity to golf courses, horseback-riding facilities, cycle paths and water sports with all services and amenities within easy reach. The area is renowned for its choice of restaurants, from rustic trattorias to Michelin-star establishments. The vibrant and stylish city of Milan is a little over an hour's drive from the villa and is full of boutiques, well-known fashion brands and fantastic restaurants. Take a day trip and soak up the chic atmosphere. The stunning shores of Lake Como, one of Italy's largest lakes, are also just over an hour's drive away and are not to be missed! There are plenty of different water sports and activities to try out and lots of lovely lakeside villages to explore. You can even take a ferry across the lake to one of these villages, giving you the chance to see the lake and its magnificent surroundings from all angles. Como itself is home to impressive gothic architecture and there's also a fun funicular!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to client’s credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday during high season. Flexible in all other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? :
- Security deposit :
- Security deposit :
- Security deposit :
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in July, August, Christmas and New Year. 4 nights during all other periods.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Heating costs included? : Extra charge of €600 per week from November - March.
- Other Ts and Cs : Highchairs and cots available at an extra cost. Pre-booking is required.