Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to the internet. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Myrtle is in a quiet and peaceful spot in rural Kastellakia on the outskirts of Rethymno, between Chania and Heraklion on Crete’s north coast. This idyllic part of the Greek island doesn’t just serve up plenty of golden sandy beaches, there’s also a well-preserved Venetian old town, top-notch waterfront restaurants and a vibrant nightlife. A short three-minute drive – or 2.6km walk – will take you into the historic and commercial centre of the town with plenty of amenities. Thanks to the Ottomans and Venetians, Rethymno’s old town is an eclectic mix of mosques and Renaissance buildings, and there’s an impressive fortress, too. Seafood tavernas and lively bars line the boat-dotted harbour. Spend the afternoons browsing the boutique shops and markets or wander through the narrow streets and alleyways to find arched doorways and stone staircases. Stop off for an iced coffee at one of the cafés by the pretty Rimondi Fountain. You can also visit the hilltop Fortezza – a star-shaped, 16th-century citadel and another stunning example of ancient architecture. There are also magical waterfalls and the cave church of Saint Anthony Gorge. For afternoons spend at the beach, you’ll be pleased to know you don’t have to walk far – there’s one in the middle of the town. It’s a 12km-long stretch of golden sand and has calm waters for swimming and snorkelling. It’s also just across the road from shops, cafés and restaurants so you can enjoy a Cretan meze, like fresh feta drizzled with olive oil, when you get peckish. There are also plenty of opportunities to take part in water sports like sea kayaking, parasailing and scuba diving. For fun day trip, about a thirty-minute drive (18km southeast of Rethymno) will take you to the Sacred Monastery of Arkadi – golden stone buildings and flower-filled courtyards. From there you can walk through fields and meadows to the village of Pikris for lunch at a traditional taverna.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A credit card may be required at time of arrival as secrty guarantee.
- Arrival time : Guests may check in from 16:00
- Departure time : Guests are requested to check out by 10:00
- Energy costs included? : Energy costs are included in the villa cost.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen and towels are included in the villa rental.
- End of stay cleaning included? : End of stay cleaning is included in the villa price.
- Pool heating charge? : €350 per week, muswt be booked in advance
- Other Ts and Cs : EXTRA SERVICES Breakfast: 10,00 Euro per person except children under 6 years
- Internet access? : WiFi internet is available throught the property.
- Insurance :