Stately Stone Home with Beautiful Gardens and Pool
Thousands of plants inhabit the gardens of this villa in Umbria, where there’s always something in bloom. Here valleys and green hills embrace you from the moment you enter the winding drive, which passes through the estate’s working farm. If you’re looking for bucolic retreat, this stately stone home and gardens will catch your imagination and your heart. Whether you dine beneath the picture-perfect pergola, or lounge beside the private pool, a profound sense of calm will find you at this holiday villa.
Inside, the decor is sophisticated yet casual - with tasteful wicker and floral fabrics winking at the gardens beyond. There is an updated en suite bathroom for every bedroom, so all your guests will be kept in comfort. For even more luxury and care, upgrade your stay to a vill’otel experience - this includes breakfast every morning, daily maid service, and more.
Golfers will be especially enamoured of this holiday...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
With over 30 per cent of the region’s total area made up of woodland, Umbria is known as “the Green Heart of Italy”. Villa Chimneys has the unique advantage of being situated in the very centre of this area steeped with history and tradition. Umbria is one of Italy’s most beautiful and enchanting regions. This tranquil land of saints and ancient mystics, with its romantic countryside and its historically rich medieval hill-towns, inspires a special reverence in the hearts of Italians as well as the foreigners visiting it. More than anywhere else, the region seems to represent the country’s spirituality. With less than a million inhabitants, Umbria’s population density is half that of the national average, affording ample room for individuality. The simple pleasures of country living, surrounded by natural beauty, is enhanced with art, architecture, wonderful food and wine in nearby towns and cities throughout the two adjoining regions of Lazio and Tuscany. Florence and Rome are within two hours drive. Siena, Arezzo, Assisi, Todi and Orvieto are all closely linked. The capital city of Perugia is just 20 minutes away and offers a wealth of cultural activities that include opera and the famous Umbria Jazz festival, held every July. Other spectacular hilltop towns include Cortona and Preggio. Preggio has an annual classical music festival and the annual Montone Film Festival, which attracts an international audience. During the summer months, open-air concerts and operas are often staged in the gardens of famous villas and palazzos that abound throughout the region. Many tours and excursions can be organized for our guests during their stay by the Estate’s Management. Guests have access to an 18 hole championship golf course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. A golf clubhouse and restaurant facilities within the same estate are only 3 minutes distance from the villa. These are accessible by golf cart through a private pathway that runs across the nature reserve. All guests have discounts on the golf green fees and at the clubhouse restaurant. Furthermore, there are a wide range of outdoor pursuits and activities including hunting, fishing and mountain biking. History This country estate has risen majestically in the midst of the Umbrian region for more than a millennium. Inhabited since prehistoric times, the estate has been witness to many historical events, which helped shape the Italy we know today. Murlo is situated at the very top of a beautiful hill in the midst of Monte Elceto di Murlo and Monte Tezio. It is an easily defensible and dominant position. Location - San Giovanni del Pantano (small grocery store): 1 Km (2 minutes) - Pierantonio (small village with shops and bank): 6 Km (5 minutes) - Perugia: 15 Km (20 minutes) - Perugia International Airport: 20 Km (25 minutes) - Rome Fiumicino International Airport: 205 Km (2 hours) - Rome Ciampino International Airport: 200 Km (1 hour, 55 minutes) - Florence international Airport: 150 Km (1 hours, 40 minutes) - Assisi: 35 Km (40 minutes) - Gubbio: 30 Km (35 minutes) - Orvieto: 95 Km (55 minutes) - Lake Trasimeno: 20 Km (25 minutes) - Siena: 90 Km (50 minutes) - Spoleto: 75 Km (40 minutes)
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to client’s credit card by the owner as a pre-authorisation upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : From 4.00 pm to 8.00 pm
- Departure time : Before 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Rental price does not include central heating during low season, Easter, Christmas & New Year. Pool heating is not included and is based upon consumption. If you use the central heating or pool heating you will be charged at the excess gas rate €1.80/cubic meter. Please note all use is metered and you are required to pay for this in cash on departure.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes. They are changed weekly on Saturdays. Extra changes are available on request at an extra charge.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Changeover day : Saturday
- Insurance : - Air Conditioning: Cost included in the rental price.
- - Heated swimming pool: Open from end of May to end of September.
- Security deposit : 500 Euros in cash the day of your arrival. The security deposit will be returned in cash before departure if the villa is in the same conditions of the day of arrival.
- Tax : €1,50 per person for the first two nights and €0.75 per person for the third night. Children up to 14 years old are free
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and celebrations are permitted on request. Please note stag/hen parties are not allowed.
- Heating costs included? : Not included in the rental price.
- Pool heating charge? : Not included in the rental price.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights