Medieval Tower Turned Luxury Countryside Villa
Tower Villa is an exclusive luxury villa which has just been rebuilt on the ruins of a medieval defensive tower on the estate. The tower was originally built in a strategic position on the top of a hill overlooking the valley of Monte Tezio and of the castle of Murlo.
The villa enjoys a superb position with amazing and breathtaking views across the immaculate countryside, revealing olive trees and green valleys. This idyllic and rustic scene has changed little since the 12th century when it was originally built.
This luxury villa is a sublime example of a typical Umbrian countryside villa with all the comforts of a luxury home and the services of a 5 star resort. Guests can swim in an olympic sized pool, drink a glass of wine on the stunning roof terrace, enjoy a romantic candle lit dinner prepared by a private chef and then enjoy a deep sleep in the over sized beds fitted with linen made of the finest soft...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
With over 30 per cent of the region’s total area made up of woodland, Umbria is known as “the Green Heart of Italy”. Tower Villa has the unique advantage of being situated in the very centre of this area steeped with history and tradition. Umbria is one of Italy’s most beautiful and enchanting regions. This tranquil land of saints and ancient mystics, with its romantic countryside and its historically rich medieval hill towns, inspires a special reverence in the hearts of Italians as well as the foreigners visiting it. More than anywhere else, the region seems to represent the country’s spirituality. With less than a million inhabitants, Umbria’s population density is half that of the national average, allowing ample individuality. The simple pleasures of country living, surrounded by idyllic natural beauty, is enhanced with art, architecture, and wonderful food and wine in nearby towns and cities throughout the two adjoining regions of Lazio and Tuscany. Florence and Rome are within a two hour drive. Siena, Arezzo, Assisi, Todi and Orvieto are all closely linked. The capital city of Perugia is just 20 minutes away and offers a wealth of cultural activities that include opera and the famous Umbria Jazz festival, held every July. Other spectacular hilltop towns include Cortona and Preggio. Preggio has an annual classical music festival and the annual Montone Film Festival which attracts an international audience. During the summer months open-air concerts and operas are often staged in the gardens of famous villas and palazzos that abound throughout the region. Many tours and excursions can be organized for guests during their stay. Guests have access to an 18 hole championship golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. A golf clubhouse and restaurant facilities within the same estate are only 3 minutes away from the villa. These are also accessible by golf-cart through a private pathway that runs across the nature reserve. All guests have discounts on golf fees and at the clubhouse restaurant. There are a wide range of outdoor pursuits and activities available including hunting, fishing and mountain bikes. The origins of this country estate, which has always risen majestically in the midst of the Umbrian region, date back more than a millennium. Inhabited by people since prehistoric times, the estate has been witness to many historical events which helped shape Italy today. Murlo is situated at the very top of a beautiful hill in the midst of Monte Elceto di Murlo and Monte Tezio. It is an easily defensible and dominant position. <b>Location</b> - Assisi: 35 Km (40 minutes) - Gubbio: 30 Km (35 minutes) - Orvieto: 95 Km (55 minutes) - Lake Trasimeno: 20 Km (25 minutes) - Siena: 90 Km (50 minutes) - Spoleto: 75 Km (40 minutes)
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to client’s credit card by the owner as a pre-authorisation upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection._x000D_
- Arrival time : 4.00 pm_x000D_
- Departure time : 10.00 am_x000D_
- Energy costs included? : No._x000D_
- Linen & towels included? : Yes._x000D_
- Changeover day : Saturday._x000D_
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit._x000D_
- Pets welcome? : Small pets on request only and with prior agreement with the owner._x000D_
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property._x000D_
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required)._x000D_
- Heating costs included? : No._x000D_
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures._x000D_
- Minimum stay : 7 nights._x000D_
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to Septmber. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming. Opening or later closure of the pool is available at an extra fee. _x000D_