Historic Castle in Galway with Gardens and Private Lake
There is plenty of history going back to 866 AD on the estate. There were early tribal conflicts on the land and following that, after the introduction of Christianity, many churches and monasteries were built, the remnants of which can be found on the land surrounding the castle.
More recently, the current castle was built during the Gothic revival period in the early 1800s. Designed by John Nash who also worked on Buckingham Palace, it is beautifully positioned overlooking the 1000 year old lake.
Galway is a beautiful part of Ireland and this is a wonderful castle to use as your base for exploring the west coast of Ireland. The castle is cosy and private with wonderful walks and a huge lake right in front of the property. It has a romantic feel and a lot of elegance too. There are lots of activities on the estate and you will be beautifully looked after by the family’s staff, some of whom...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancelation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.