Property Manager | Virginia House
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- 8 Guests
Virginia House is a quirky, dog friendly holiday home located in the pretty village of Scorton near Richmond in North Yorkshire. Sleeping up to eight guests, Virginia House is the perfect place for families and friends to enjoy a relaxing getaway whilst surrounded by stunning countryside. This characterful house features original features and overlooks the oldest raised village green in the UK prviding a lovely base to call home.
With stunning interiors throughout, Virginia House has been made into a spacious family holiday home. You’ll be welcomed into the cosy and traditionally styled living room which features wooden beams and a flat screen Smart TV. The leather sofa and armchair contrast perfectly with the original features that still remain in the property today.
Continue onto the next room and you’ll be in the kitchen. The white kitchen units add a somewhat modern twist and they are contrasted perfectly with wooden...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Free Parking: On-site
Dryer In Home
Carbon Monoxide Alarm
First Aid Kit
Washer In Home
Dryer On Property
The village of Scorton will give you quick and easy access to various walks around the Yorkshire Dales. The Ellerton lakes and Kiplin Hall are just a short drive away from the village. You’ll find The Farmers’ Arms right next door to Virginia House, ideal if you’re looking to enjoy a hearty meal without doing the cooking yourself. Head to Richmond and you’ll find there is plenty of history for you to discover. Enjoy a live show at The Georgian Theatre, which is actually the oldest theatre in Europe. Look out of the bedroom windows you’ll see the magnificent Richmond Castle. An interactive museum was recently added to the site so it’s definitely worth a visit! The gorgeous Old Victorian Railway Station has been given a new lease of life with a mix of artisan shops, a cinema, an art gallery and a café bar. You can sample beer brewed in house from Richmond Brewing company. The café bar also won the best café in the Herriot Awards recently so you’re in for a real treat. Richmond is great for walking. There is a great river walk to Easby Abbey which is a free site to visit from English Heritage. Another beautiful walking area is Richmond Falls which is just down the hill from the marketplace. When the weather is nice, we recommend having a picnic at The Batts.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 14 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 14 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 14 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 14 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- SuitableForChildren,SuitableForInfants,PetsAllowed:petStayForFree,Property Manager are committed to our owners that their homes are protected during bookings. For this reason, we require all of our guests to transfer a £250.00 Damage Deposit (subject to a £10.00 administration charge) or, to purchase an Accidental Damage Waiver for £25.00 which will cover you for up to £500.00 of accidental damage during your stay.