Historical Douro Quinta on Hilltop with Pool and Stunning Views
- 6 Bedrooms
- 8.5 Bathrooms
- 12 Guests
Commanding a stunning hilltop location overlooking the breathtaking Douro Valley region in Portugal, this historic quinta (traditional Portuguese mansion/villa) was once part of an extensive monastic estate. It stands tall at an impressive height of 700 meters where the views of the surrounding landscape are truly awe-inspiring. Today, spanning a sprawling property of 43 hectares, you can explore vineyards and hundreds olive trees to get you in the mood for an authentic Douro experience.
The villa itself is a reminder of the glory days of times of old, combining old-world charm with modern amenities and comforts. The interiors are spacious, well-lit, and lovingly decorated with some antique details balanced with more contemporary furniture and a modern flair throughout.
The outdoor area is equally impressive, featuring a large, heated swimming pool, a sun terrace, and an outdoor dining area, perfect for al fresco...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
No Pets Allowed
Outdoor Furniture: Sun Loungers
Outdoor Dining Area
This area in the Douro Valley is part of the Rota do Romanico, with interesting sites that relate to Roman occupation of Portugal and plenty of opportunities for walks and visits to wineries.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- - Maximum capacity for this home is 12 adults but can accommodate up to 14 guests (upon request €) if you sleep 2 children on the sofas in Bedroom 5.
- - Daily housekeeping (am)
- - Breakfast
- - Linens and towels change every 3 days
- - 24/7 Concierge
- - Itinerary planning, pre- and post-arrival
- - Wi-Fi
- Know Before You Go
- - Smoking is allowed in a specific area only.
- - No smoking bonfires or fireworks allowed in the gardens due to fire risk
- - While this home accepts children of all ages, children must be supervised at all times, especially on the terraces.
- - Strictly no unauthorized guests except those on the rental booking.
- - Pool is heated with sun panels and temperature is maintained with a pool cover.
- - There is a steep road to access this home, some larger minibuses may not be able to pass, though vehicles for up to 20 guests should have no problems.
- - The high altitude means colder nights
- - Fiber optic internet with wi-fi signal expanders throughout the home for good coverage.
- - A unique feature of this home is that it is located on a working farm, therefore extra care must be taken by guests not to engage in activities that might interfere with the running of the farm.
- - A/C only available at the pool apartment
- - A security deposit might be required after booking confirmation (PT0186)