La Casa de Chaboya
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- 8 Guests
Escape to the mountains at La Casa de Chaboya! You will enjoy this peaceful 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath getaway set amongst the pines with easy access to many local attractions such as Big Trees State Park, Bear Valley Ski Resort, Lake Alpine, and so much more. Lovingly maintained with a classic cabin atmosphere and all the comforts of home. Large open great room with soaring ceilings, gas log stove (there’s also forced air gas heat) and many windows providing forest views. The dining area is adjacent along with the fully stocked kitchen with breakfast bar and stainless steel appliances. The deck provides the perfect spot to enjoy al fresco dining or sip a beverage after a day of exploring. There is one bedroom and one full bathroom on the main floor; while the loft, 2 additional bedrooms (one being the primary suite) and a half bathroom are located upstairs, along with a sofa sleeper in the living area. The garage doubles as rec room with ...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Free Parking: On-site
Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Washer In Home
Dryer On Property
Dorrington sits on State Route 4 and was a historic stopping place on the Big Tree-Carson Valley Road and was a toll road between Murphys and Ebbetts Pass, often serving as a resort for visitors to what is now Calaveras Big Trees State Park. Dorrington is also home to the second largest Sugar Pine in the world, measuring 32 ft round and 220 ft. tall.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 30 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 30 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 30 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 30 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- **Person reserving the cabin must be at least 25 years old** All our cabins are on septic systems so it is very important to only flush toilet paper. Most cabins have water heaters fo 50-75 gallon capacity so you may need to stagger your showers or run dishwasher during non-shower times to ensure hot water for all. Smoking is not permitted in any cabin. Campfires and fireworks is prohibited. Outdoor fire pits are permitted in winter months only due to high fire risk. In the Winter do not park on the street due to snow plowing...you could get plowed in. You may need to move your car from the driveway to have it plowed properly (you can't plow a driveway with vehicles there) Please be patient with the snowplow companies to plow the roads and driveway. Drive slow in snowy conditions. Don't forget to carry chains! When using the BBQ always turn off the propane when done. Clean the grill after each use to discourage wild animals. If you run out of propane there should be a 2nd can on site, if not call the office or emergency phone for a refill. Due to the nature of our area, wifi- although advertised - is not guaranteed. There are no refunds for non-operable wifi. Please do not tamper with the wifi password or settings. If you are having issues we are always available to assist in anyway we can. Check out time is 11am - please bring your keys back to our office where you checked in. Bringing pets to a non pet friendly home may result in fine or eviction. Please be courteous of our neighbors, the local noise curfew is 10:00 p.m. Noise carries in the mountains so please bring it inside at 10pm. For any violations of our policies there could be fines and eviction.