Rustic Rocky Mountain Retreat | St. Mary’s Glacier
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- 10 Guests
• Watch the sunrise over the Rocky Mountains
• Reconnect with nature and simplicity
• Free Parking including 1 garage space
• Surrounding areas filled with hiking, biking, 4x4 trails, and endless sightseeing
• Half a mile from Crescent Meadows Trailhead
• 11 miles to Idaho Springs
• 19 Miles to Georgetown
• 2,440 Sq ft
• Washer and Dryer
Our home offers a romantic and peaceful mountain retreat less than an hour from Denver, 30 minutes from the quaint mountain town of Georgetown, and less than 45 minutes to skiing/boarding. The cabin is ideal for anniversaries and honeymooners, hikers, mountain bikers, rock-climbers, writers, musicians, artists, or anyone looking for a few days of isolation in the mountains.
There’s plenty of outdoor space on the private deck to enjoy your evening meals under the orange and blue Colorado sunsets accompanied by the soothing...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Free Parking: On-site
Carbon Monoxide Alarm
First Aid Kit
Washer In Home
Dryer On Property
Our home is located in a peaceful area, with few neighbors! Enjoy skiing in the winter and water rafting during the summer months, or visit Red Rock Amphitheater for yoga classes, rock climbing, or summer concerts under the stars. You’ll experience Idaho Springs' historic charm with the many historic buildings in downtown Idaho Springs. There are plenty of quality restaurants in Idaho Springs, including the popular Tommyknocker Brewery and Beau Jo's Colorado Style Pizza. All are affordable, as are the unique shopping boutiques where you can find local artwork of all types. In town is the Argo Gold Mine and Mill, where you can see what a working mill looked like. And not far from town is the Phoenix Gold Mine, a working mine, where you can learn about modern and historical mining techniques and do a little gold panning yourself. After a long day of playing tourist, enjoy the hot mineral waters of the springs for which the town is named, or simply visit the geothermal springs and caves for a fitting end to your day. Mount Evans is adjacent to Idaho Springs to the south. The road to the peak is a 14-mile ascent on the highest paved road in North America, rising to 14,200 feet above sea level. Keep on the lookout, as mountain goats often graze alongside the highway. The summit sits atop the Mount Evans Scenic and Historic Byway. The home is only a mile from St. Mary’s glacier, plus other local attractions and activities are in the surrounding towns, including skiing/boarding at Loveland Ski Resort. There are plenty of exciting Summertime activities around, but a fan favorite for things to do in Idaho Springs in the summer has to be rafting. Clear Creek has some of the best rafting in the state, and Idaho Springs is home to it all. There are several great options for rafting companies to go with, and this is an activity that can be family-friendly or extreme! Wintertime in Colorado brings many opportunities for play and adventure, as well as seasonal hazards that require consideration. AWD or 4WD capable vehicles are required from November - April for all guests. Please plan your travel accordingly.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 30 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 30 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 30 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 30 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- • *Cell service is VERY limited in this area* - Before heading to the property please be sure to already have your directions/parking info, entry/check-in notes, wifi credentials, etc noted. *Cell service is VERY limited*
- • 4-WHEEL DRIVE IS REQUIRED ESPECIALLY IN THE WINTER MONTHS AND INTO THE OCCASIONAL SPRING SNOW* *WE CAN NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES AND ANY TOWING NEEDED WILL BE AT YOUR EXPENSE*
- Our home is in a remote location and we do NOT advise traveling during bad weather. Please plan accordingly!
- • To book our property you will be asked to sign a liability waiver for the loft ladder and wood-burning fireplace before your reservation is accepted and the booking process can be fully completed. *USE AT YOUR OWN RISK* Please practice extreme caution while using these.*
- • Wood for the fireplace is not included, so please be sure to pick up wood if you would like to use this amenity.
- • *No A/C - There is no air conditioning as the summer in the mountains is very temperate.*
- • There are bears and other wildlife in the area - Please close the garage door and lock your vehicle at all times!
- • The home runs on a septic system… Please do not dispose of food, diapers, wipes, sanitary products, hair, or anything else in the sinks or toilets.
- • The propane gas grill on site is NOT AN ADVERTISED AMENITY - adequate gas level in propane tanks is NOT guaranteed. Should you desire to use the grill you may, but only under the condition that you acknowledge you are responsible for covering costs should you need a new propane tank.
- • Quiet hours 10pm-8am
- • No smoking; pets; events, parties, or large gatherings - $1000 fine
- • If you cause any damage to the home, inside or out, you will be charged for the repair and/or replacement costs.
- • Check-out time is 10 AM. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate late check-out times. Fines will be incurred for violation.
- • Noiseaware - Please keep noise to a reasonable level. This property is equipped with NoiseAware, a privacy-safe decibel monitor that does not record conversations.
- *Please be aware that we are not liable for any personal items left behind after your stay.* Should you believe you left any personal belongings at the property, we will do our best to recover them. However, the guest will be responsible for paying a $40 recovery charge and shipping costs for any items that need to be returned by mail. Prices may vary for large items.*