- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 6 Guests
Seventeen Sequoias is a hidden oasis on Austin Creek. A gardener’s sanctuary with an orchard of more than a dozen mature fruit trees including multiple types of apples, three kinds of plums, an Asian pear apple, D’Anjou pear, figs, peach, persimmons, quince and kiwi vines - as well as an area of raised garden beds and an abundance of blackberries. Flowering bulbs, hydrangeas, and extensive succulent gardens mingle between the 17+ ancient redwood trees including several fairy rings. Garden paths wind amid the plantings and natives that also host hummingbirds, butterflies and other wildlife. Explore and experience this 1 acre property as it transforms through the seasons. In fair weather, bring your water wings, floaties, and water shoes to float or walk in the creek - skipping stones and, if you’re lucky, watching otters!
Your retreat at Seventeen Sequoias extends into the recently remodeled house as a place to relax and...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Free Parking: On-site
Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Washer In Home
Dryer On Property
Cazadero is a peaceful village nestled under the redwood trees. Cazadero is 12 miles to the Sonoma coast, 12 miles to Guerneville, 9 miles to Monte Rio, 7 miles to Duncan’s Mills and a short drive to Russian River Valley wineries. Cazadero has an old fashioned country store and a coffee shop. Duncan's Mills, Guerneville, and Monte Rio have a number of great restaurants. Duncan's Mills has a number of boutique shops. Monte Rio has a public beach with boat rentals (June-September), a movie theater and a small store.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 30 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 30 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 30 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 30 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- Below are the full terms and conditions. Upon reserving, guests are required to complete an e-sign document agreeing to the below rules.
- Rental Terms and Conditions
- I. HOUSE RULES
- 1. Occupancy: The maximum overnight occupancy for this home is 5 people. This is the maximum number of people (including children age 3 and up; infants age 2 and under do not count towards occupancy) that are allowed at the property at all times. The maximum occupancy for a vacation rental is mandated by the Sonoma County Vacation Rental Ordinance and is strictly enforced. In the event the maximum occupancy is exceeded, the Property Management Company (PMC) reserves the right to charge a minimum $1000 violation penalty, plus any costs incurred by the PMC and/or the property owner as a result of the ordinance violation, excessive wear and tear to the property, extra cleaning, and damages to the property and/or surrounding properties. The PMC reserves the right to terminate the reservation immediately without refund if the maximum occupancy is exceeded. Gross violations of this policy are subject to legal action.
- 2. Age Requirements: Guests must be 25 years or older to rent or check in to a vacation rental. Children under 18 years of age must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- 3. Day Visitors: Unless Guest has obtained written permission from the PMC prior to check-in, the maximum number of people allowed on the property at all times is equal to the maximum overnight occupancy. In general, two additional day guests are allowed at no extra cost, as long as the PMC has given Guest prior written approval (excludes certain homes).
- 4. Events, Parties and Noise: The PMC properties are located in residential areas and are rented for personal vacation use only. Neighborhood disturbances caused by Guest and their guests puts the home’s permit to operate as a vacation rental in jeopardy. Parties and other large gatherings that exceed the maximum occupancy are not allowed, see 1. Occupancy. In addition, loud or unruly behavior is restricted by a local ordinance, whether or not the maximum occupancy is exceeded, and may result in citation or arrest by local law enforcement. If a complaint call is received by management, the PMC will issue a warning to the Guest. Guests who continue to engage in excessively loud and unruly behavior after being asked by either law enforcement or a PMC representative to stop are also in violation of the ordinance and this agreement, and may be asked to vacate the premises immediately without refund. Additionally, a $1000 penalty to Guest, plus any costs incurred by the PMC and/or the property owner as a result of the ordinance violation.
- 5. Quiet Hours: Per county ordinance, quiet hours are between 10:00pm and 7:00am. NO outdoor amplified sound is allowed on the premises at any time.
- 6. Parking: This home allows a maximum of 3 vehicles. Vehicles must be parked either on the premises or on street parking directly in front of the property. No campers, RV’s, tents, or trailers are allowed on the premises.
- 7. Smoking of any kind is not allowed in any of our homes. Guest will be charged a minimum of $500 if any smoking occurs inside the home.
- 8. Outdoor Wood Fires are not permitted unless a fire pit is advertised and provided. Guests are not permitted to bring or build a fire pit. If the home comes equipped with an outdoor firepit, the following rules apply:
- a) Fires must be extinguished during quiet hours, 10pm-7am.
- b) Fires will not be left unattended.
- c) Firepits need to be placed a minimum 25 feet from structures or combustible materials
- d) No firepits on decks.
- e) Hot ashes are disposed of properly
- f) No woodburning firepit use is allowed fire during a high-fire-danger Red Flag warning.
- ***A note on firepits: We are phasing out wood burning firepits at all of our homes. A firepit may be mentioned in a home’s review, but if it is not listed in the amenities, the firepit has likely been removed.**
- 9.1 Pet Policy: Refer to the home’s listing to determine the home’s pet policy. Pet-friendly homes generally allow dogs only. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. Certain animals, including reptiles, cats and birds, are not allowed in any of our vacation homes.
- 9.2 Dog-Friendly Homes: Guest must notify the PMC prior to check-in if they are bringing a dog or dogs, including breed(s) and size(s). Guest agrees that the PMC and the owner of the property are not liable for their dog. If there is excessive dog hair, dirt and/or sand tracked into the rental, or other needed clean-up, guests will be assessed an additional clean-up fee. Guest will report any pet “accidents” or damage to the PMC prior to departure. Guest is responsible for the cost of any pet-related clean-up and/or damages.
- Guests and their dogs must follow the below rules:
- a) Dogs are not allowed on furniture or beds
- b) Uncrated dogs will not be left unattended at the house
- c) Guest must clean up after their dog, both on and off the premises, and responsibly dispose of dog waste.
- d) Guests will adhere to local leash laws.
- e) Dogs are not allowed in pools or hot tubs at any time.
- f) No excessive barking. Guest is aware that excessive barking at a vacation rental is a violation of county ordinance.
- 9.3 No Pets Allowed homes. If the home rented has a no pets allowed policy, Guest agrees that no pets will be on the property at any time. Guests who bring an animal to a home that does not allow pets will be assessed an additional charge, which may include carpet and furniture cleaning, flea-bombing and damage charges. The PMC may terminate the reservation, without refund, at any time.
- 10. Check-in is at 4:00 PM. Early arrival without prior approval may result in a charge of one night’s rent. Upon arriving, Guest will check the home and report any issues to the PMC immediately.
- 11. Checkout is at 12 noon. Guests failing to check out on time will be assessed a charge of one night’s rent
- Departure Checklist:
- a) Remove all trash & recycling from home. Place in appropriate outside cans/bins.
- b) Wash all dishes and leave drying in the dishrack. If the home is equipped with a dishwasher, you may leave the dishwasher running
- c) Clean up any messes or spills that may have occurred during your stay.
- d) Put all furniture and home items back in place (if a particular item is not locatable, the PMC will charge for its replacement).
- e) Check for any personal items.
- f) Turn off lights, heaters, and secure the home.
- g) Return keys and garage remotes to their starting location (lock box, key hooks, etc…)
- h) Failure to complete the above items may result in extra cleaning or service charges.
- 12. Trash: Trash pick-up day for a particular home is noted in the confirmation email, e-sign document, guest portal and in the home. Guests are responsible for putting their garbage outside in the cans the night before garbage day. Recycling is encouraged and composting is law in our area, so please recycle and compost as much as possible. There are different methods for trash collection depending on the home. Please read the trash instructions included in the rental information provided upon booking and also posted in the home. Depending on the property’s trash service, guests may be required to put trash and recycling bins out on the street the night before for early pick-up the next morning. Failure to follow trash instructions may result in a charge for trash removal.
- RENTAL TERMS:
- 13. Breakdown and Terms of Payment: Homes and Villas by Marriott is the merchant of record for your reservation. Please refer to your reservation details or contact Homes and Villas by Marriott with any questions regarding payment. In addition to rent, the PMC reservation charges include a cleaning fee, a damage waiver fee, and local occupancy taxes plus the full premium of the optional travel insurance (if guest has opted for travel insurance). The travel insurance premium may be refunded within 10 days of the purchase date. Requests to cancel travel insurance are submitted to the PMC and must be made in writing. After the 10-day free look period, the premium can no longer be refunded.
- 14. Cancellation Policy: Please refer to your Homes and Villas by Marriott reservation for the cancellation policy that applies to your booking.
- 15. Vacation Rental Insurance: Guest Protect Travel Insurance is available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance provides coverage for the loss of prepaid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage is available for events such as a sickness or injury of yourself, family member or traveling companion; flight delays due to adverse weather; interruptions of road service; terrorist acts; and mandatory evacuations. The plan also includes other valuable coverages such as Medical and Dental, Baggage, and Emergency Assistance and Transportation in addition to useful services such as identity theft, concierge and 24/7/365 emergency assistance. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. Additional terms and conditions apply; please read your Description of Coverage/Policy carefully and contact Generali Global Assistance at 866-999-4018 with coverage questions.
- 16. Changing Dates: Guest may opt to change the reservation to different dates within one year of the original arrival date by informing the PMC in writing no later than 2 weeks prior to the original arrival date. If the reservation is moved to dates that fall within a time period that rents at a lower rate, no refunds will be given. All high-season rates, holiday rates and night minimums will apply to any changed dates, and special offers and discounts are only transferable to dates that fall within the valid time frame. A $40 change date fee applies.
- 17. Switching Homes: Reservations are not transferable between homes. If Guest decides to switch the reservation to a different home after the initial payment is received, the switch is considered a cancellation and the cancellation policy applies. If the original home booked becomes unavailable or uninhabitable, the PMC reserves the right to relocate the Guest to comparable accommodations as determined by the PMC and agreed to by the Guest. If the PMC and Guest are unable to agree on comparable accommodations, the guest will receive a full refund. Guest agrees that the PMC shall not be held liable for any sequential or secondary damages, including but not limited to relocation or additional travel expenses or for any other loss.
- 18. No Refunds will be given for Cancellation or Interruption that occurs due to inclement weather. Nor will refunds be given for any occurrence out of the PMC’s control including, but not limited to, power outages and loss of phone or internet service.
- 19. Guest Damages: A non-refundable Damage Waiver Fee is included in the reservation charges and replaces a standard security deposit. The damage waiver covers unintentional damages to real or personal property of the rental unit that occur during your stay. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3000.00. Any damages that exceed $3,000.00 will be charged to the guest directly. The damage waiver plan does not cover replacement of missing items, additional housekeeping charges, intentional damage or gross negligence, normal wear and tear, or damages resulting from a violation of the rules outlined in the guest agreement. To ensure that you are not charged for any damages, you are responsible for reporting any accidental damages to the PMC prior to check-out.
- 20. Extra Cleaning: The cleaning fee covers the cost of a regular after-guest cleaning. In the event that the condition of the home requires more cleaning than deemed normal, the additional cleaning hours will be charged to guests’ credit card at the rate of $30.00 per hour. Common reasons for extra cleaning charges: stain removal from bedding, linens and towels, spot-cleaning carpets or furniture, cleaning food spills, excessive pet hair removal and other pet clean-up, washing dishes, picking up cigarette butts or other trash. Most extra cleaning costs are not covered by the damage waiver.
- 21. Mid-Stay Cleaning: We require mid-stay cleans for stays longer than 13 nights. The online booking system will not automatically add mid-stay cleans, so we will contact you to add the cleaning to your stay after the reservation is made. Mid-stay cleanings cost between $60 and $90, depending on the size of the home. For stays of any length, cleaning is available upon request, at a rate of $30 per hour. Please contact our office if you would like to add additional cleaning services on to your stay.
- 22. Missing and/or Damaged Items: Items provided with the vacation home must remain at the home at all times. Guests will be responsible for the replacement and labor costs for any missing items. Accidental damages up to $3000 are covered by the damage waiver, see details above. The PMC will charge the card on file for any replacement or repair costs owed.
- 23. Left Items: The PMC is not responsible for any items left behind. Please make sure you remove all personal items before departing. There is a $20 service fee plus shipping charges to retrieve and return items.
- HOME AMENITIES
- 24. Home Amenities: All homes are privately owned and equipped for basic vacation needs. The homes are furnished at the minimum with sheets, blankets, pillows, bathing towels, basic cooking utensils, and charcoal or propane grills (see below for more information on BBQ grills). An adequate supply of soap (bar soap, laundry soap and dish soap) and paper products (toilet paper and paper towels) are made available for all homes. You will need to bring and/or purchase additional supplies. Most homes that have a wood burning stove or fireplace do not provide firewood.
- 25. Phones: Most of our homes have telephones, as cell service is not common in our area. Check the home’s web page, under the amenities tab. If it states local call only, you will need a calling card and/or credit card to make long distance calls. If it states unlimited calls in US, the home’s phone has free nationwide long distance.
- 26. Maintenance: The PMC routinely inspects homes for maintenance issues and wear and tear. Even so, Guests should inspect the rental property upon their arrival and report any pre-existing problems the same day to the office of the PMC. Maintenance problems in the home will be handled in a timely and professional manner. Generally, the rental rate will not be adjusted due to any malfunction of equipment, which includes TV’s, VCR’s, DVD’s, internet access, phone service, air conditioning units, hot water heaters, stoves, refrigerators, door locks, etc. In no event would we issue a refund for a problem we had no opportunity to resolve. Although each property is completely equipped for rental purposes, we cannot accept responsibility for aesthetic conflicts. The PMC makes the best effort to accurately depict a property in descriptions, photos and any online advertising. When guests are unable to preview vacation home in person, guests accept such property as described and hold the agency harmless for any discrepancies upon taking occupancy.
- 27. BBQs: All homes are equipped with either a gas or charcoal BBQ. Guests are responsible for cleaning BBQs after use. Guest is responsible for following any specific instructions posted in the home or at the grill
- a) Gas BBQ Grills: Propane for the BBQ is provided. The PMC makes every effort to ensure that there is at least one spare full tank at the property prior to guest arrival. Upon arrival, check the tank. If the spare tank is empty, it can be exchanged at our office during business hours or you may have tank filled and exchanged at a different location. You can submit a receipt to our office for reimbursement. Keep the valve on the tank closed and the gas off to the BBQ when the BBQ is not in use.
- b) Charcoal Grills: Charcoal is not provided. Guerneville Safeway is a convenient place to purchase charcoal.
- 28. Boats and Docks: If the home you rented comes with boats and/or a dock, the following terms apply: Boats and most docks are only available when the summer dams are in, approximately mid-June through September. Summer dam installation and removal is out of our control and is subject to change. The PMC does not guarantee the availability of boats or docks. If boats are provided and available, guests are responsible for boats during their stay and will keep all boats properly stored and locked when not in use. In the event that a boat goes missing during the course of their stay, Guests will be billed the cost of replacement. Guest uses all boats, docks and water related amenities at their own risk. Guest will not hold homeowner, the PMC, or any of their agents responsible for loss or injury as a result of their use.
- 29. Hot Tubs and Pools: To see if the home you rented provides either a hot tub or a pool, refer to the home’s listing page. All hot tubs and pools are routinely serviced and checked prior to guest arrival. Hot Tubs are heated year-round. Pool Heat is available during the warmer months only, generally May-September, but varies slightly per home.
- If the home is equipped with a hot tub and/or pool, the guest is responsible for maintaining it in good condition. Guest requests for extra pool or hot tub service is at the Guest’s expense. In the event that the water is found to be contaminated after departure, the Guest may be responsible for the cost of draining and cleaning the hot tub and/or restoring the pool to usable condition. Use of the hot tub or pool that is considered non-malicious but still results in additional service is covered by the damage waiver. Malicious use is not covered.
- Due to our remote location and difficulty in securing parts in a timely manner, we cannot guarantee the function of a hot tub or pool. In general, a nightly monetary adjustment will be made for either a hot tub or pool failure, but in no event will adjustments be made for any malfunction the PMC did not have the opportunity to resolve, nor for any malfunction due to user error and/or misuse.
- Guest will not hold the homeowner or the PMC responsible for any accidents or medical conditions that may occur from using the hot tub/spa and/or pool. Guest will not hold the homeowner or the PMC responsible for any accidents or medical conditions that may occur from using the hot tub/spa and/or pool.
- 30. Onsite Monitoring Devices: For the safety and security of guests and the home, some homes have on-site devices such as security cameras and noise monitors. Check the property info section of the home’s online description for specific information on any devices located at the home you booked. Any attempt to turn off, damage, disrupt or remove these devices will lead to fines and/or eviction without a refund.
- OTHER TERMS
- 31. Commercial Use of the property is strictly prohibited unless prior written approval is given by the PMC. This includes, but is not limited to, movie production, professional photography shoots, retreats for which the Guest has advertised and has been paid by participants, and any activity related to marijuana production. Use of the property for a commercial enterprise (legal or illegal) will result in immediate termination of the booking without refund. Guest will be responsible for all costs associated with bringing the property back to its original condition plus an administration charge of 20% of the restoration costs or $1000, whichever is greater.
- 32. After-Hours Maintenance Emergencies: 707-869-9030 ext. 122. In the event of maintenance emergency or any other matter that cannot wait until our regular business hours, use the maintenance emergency extension. Be aware that this is the only way to reach us after hours. Emails, messages sent through other platforms, or voicemails left at our reservations line will not be received until our office reopens.
- 33. Liability: Guest agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the homeowner, the PMC, and their agents from any loss or personal injury suffered by vacationer or his or her guests or invitees in relation to the rental of the vacation home including, but not limited to, the use of recreation amenities such as hot tubs, pools, trampolines, boats, docks and play structures. Guest shall immediately inform RRVH upon learning of any unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- These rental terms, and all rules posted on premises, terms must be adhered to by guests and their invitees. Upon request we will mail, e-mail or fax a copy of these rules to you.