Authentic Medieval Castle Retreat
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
- 16 Guests
Commanding a verdant, forest-covered hill overlooking the Tiber Valley and Monte Tezio Wildlife Park, you can’t get more private than this. The fully-restored Romanesque castle with thick turrets, portcullis gates and stone courtyards is an exquisite opportunity to live as in times of old with all your creature comforts, not least modern plumbing, underfloor heating, A/C, a state-of-the-art kitchen, an elevator and a luxury spa and gym in the dungeons!
Upon arrival, your excitement can’t help but rise as you catch glimpses of the imposing castle in the distance while navigating winding dirt roads shaded by forest. Better still, if you arrive at dusk, you’ll see soft lights glistening on the hilltop full of promise and ancient secrets. This property really is in a category of its own – away from the stresses and reality of daily life.
Eight magnificent double suites – adorned with thick velvet drapes, period...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Pets Allowed On Request
Outdoor Dining Area
This is an ideal base for visiting nearby places of interest in Umbria and Tuscany such as Assisi, Lake Trasimeno and Perugia. Monte Tezio Wildlife Park is right next to the property and there is a horse riding school less than 30 minutes away.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- - Daily housekeeping
- - Linens changed midweek
- - Pool and bathroom towel changed every other day
- - Two in-house laundry services per week
- - Wi-Fi connection
- Know Before You Go
- - Totally unique experience off the beaten track
- - Pool open weather permitting May-Sep with charge for heating
- - Guests do not have access to washing machine but can enjoy 2 complimentary in-house laundry services per week or pay for laundry services.
- - Best way to enjoy this property is to add private chef service to your booking (€)
- - Only one TV
- - Cell phone reception not great but Wi-Fi throughout
- - Original castle with stone walls and floors
- - Most bedrooms have individual A/C while south-east bedrooms enjoy natural airflow.
- - One safe plus an alarm system throughout
- - Animal trophies on display
- - Overnight stays in Italy’s popular tourist destinations are subject to a daily tourist tax payable to the host upon arrival or check out. Between 1-5 Euros per night per person depending on the location.
- - A security deposit might be required after booking confirmation (IT0020)