Thornton Secluded History - in the Land of Pleasant Living
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- 13 Guests
Located five miles from Chestertown, Thornton is a magnificent 6,000 square foot manor house built in 1815 and is currently owned and cared for by the twelfth-generation family. Having undergone two additions over the years, it was recently restored and renovated to include a modern cook’s kitchen. Thornton has a graceful combination of the finest finishes from both the past and the present.
Thornton Farm comprises a 300+ acre traditional and organic crop farm with 2500’+ of shoreline on Morgan Creek. You will immediately get a sense of the grace and grandeur of Thornton as you drive down the long tree-lined lane leading to the high grounds of the farm. During the day you’ll enjoy the bucolic privacy while evenings will leave you awestruck by the twinkling stars overhead. It’s possible to believe that Thornton is where the earth stops and the night sky begins.
Among other features of this exquisite, classic and...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Free Parking: On-site
Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Washer In Home
Dryer On Property
Air Conditioning: Central
Kent County, MD https://www.kentcounty.com/ A scenic peninsula, on Maryland’s Upper Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay, Kent County is less than a two-hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Annapolis, and Northern Virginia. Quaint waterfront towns, including Historic Chestertown, Rock Hall, Galena, Betterton, and Millington, offer sunset cruise charters, small beaches, kayaking, fishing charters, boating, sailing, museums, theaters, art galleries, brick sidewalk shopping, antiquing, farmers’ and Artisans market, local seafood, including the Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab, Maryland’s second-largest collection of 18th-century structures and more. In Kent County, Maryland, the War of 1812 was up close and personal. Given the amount of Chesapeake Bay shoreline in the county, British ships and Royal Marines were never very far away. The rivers and creeks exposed even more residents to raids by the enemy. Two of the larger events were the raid on Georgetown and the battle of Caulk's field. There are other locations in Kent County that help tell the story of the War of 1812 on the Eastern Shore. The rural, unspoiled nature of Kent County makes it easy to imagine what it must have been like 200 years ago.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- General Property Rules
- This property includes bed and bath linens, beds made prior to your arrival, and a starter supply of toilet paper, bathroom soap, paper towels, and dishwater detergent.
- This property does not allow group rentals to guests under the age of 25. Therefore, a group rental made by an individual under the age of 25 will not be honored.
- Due to the rural nature of the area, this property may experience slow internet speeds, limited access to email, web browsing and streaming services.
- Due to local zoning ordinances weddings and special events are not permitted at this property.
- No refunds will be given due to amenity or event closures/cancellations.
- Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the images, descriptions, and amenities. Although they are deemed reliable, they cannot be guaranteed.