Maroulas village has been classified as a ‘heritage’ site. Most of its buildings date back to at least the Venetian era. It is, however, also a living, breathing community. The village has two tavernas and two kafeneions (coffee shops). Guests can also easily find around plenty of possibilities for meals. There is a bus connection to Rethymnon, twice a day. For visitors arriving by plane, the village is conveniently situated: Heraklion airport is just 80km away, and Chania airport is even closer just 65km.
Historically, the building has had various functions. At one point, part of the building used to be a Venetian farm house. During the Turkish occupation an olive press was added. Our villa has two wings. The first wing of the villa is a two-storey building which was once part of a larger farmhouse. It has all the architectural characteristics of the Venetian era. The second wing of the villa is a one-storey...
At a glance
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
Beds & Bath
No Pets Allowed
Air Conditioning: Central
Washer In Home
Dryer In Home
Airports: Heraklion 80 km, Chania 60 km Ports: Heraklion 80 km, Chania 60 km Main town: Rethymnon 6 km Other nearest towns or villages: Platanias, Maroulas Nearest shops: at place Nearest beaches: 3km
Let’s try that again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Turn off lights, air conditioning, and electrical appliances when you are not using them. . Lock the door and close the windows when leaving the property. . Be careful when using cooking appliances, heaters, or other fire hazards. . Treat the property like your own home. . Additional charges may apply for any loss or damages. Due to the unique nature of this home we need 24 hours to confirm your reservation. Please do not make further travel plans until your reservation has been confirmed.