Longshoreman (Historic Downtown) - 1 min from The Cedar Room at The Cigar Factory
Enjoy your stay in The Longshoreman, a beautifully-preserved Charleston home built in the 1880s. It includes all of the amenities of a modern house but has the design of a historic Southern home. Its appealing charm and our Southern hospitality make it the perfect house for your Charlestonian getaway. The house features:
Three bedrooms with a queen-size bed with high-quality linens. The bedrooms sleep up to 4 people but we can provide an air mattress upon request.
One bathroom with double sinks, a spacious shower, soft towels, and complimentary toiletries.
A cozy living room with a small desk, two comfortable sofas, and a flat-screen 3D-capable TV with Apple TV.
A fully-equipped kitchen with all the tools necessary to make a delicious meal.
A spacious porch and a backyard patio with a grill and fire pit to enjoy the warm evenings.
There are three free...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
First Aid Kit
Baby Sitting: Available on additional fee
Dry Cleaning: Available on additional fee
Chef Services: Available on request
Chef Services: Available on additional fee
Chef Services: Available
Grocery Shopping Service: Available on additional fee
Laundry Services: Available on additional free
Grocery Shopping Service: Available on request
Daily Housekeeping: Available on additional fee
The house is located in the quiet neighborhood of Eastside, away from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist areas. You’re still within walking distance of Charleston’s main attractions but you’ll be able to return to a peaceful neighborhood at the end of the day. It’s an up-and-coming part of town that has new restaurants and bars popping up on every corner! Just a 15-minute walk from the house is upper King Street where you’ll find plenty of exciting bars, gourmet restaurants, and unique shops to visit. This popular area is a great place to start your adventure. The French Quarter is another very distinct part of Charleston that you won’t want to miss. Its cobble stone roads and gas lamps will take you back in time to the city’s colonial era. The large art community here showcases local artists and features an Art Walk four times a year. As you walk along the coastal area of the city, you’ll find The Battery, a seawall and promenade. Many historic and grand houses line The Battery, making it an ideal place to go for a scenic stroll. Every Saturday, Marion Square hosts a farmers’ market with locally-grown produce, handmade goods, and delicious food stands. It’s also a lovely green space for Charleston locals and tourists alike to soak up some sun. The best part is that it’s only a few minutes walk from the house. Also a good local seafood restaurant is located across the street at the historical Cigar Factory. It is called the
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- Our Housekeeping Team members clean and sanitize all hard surfaces of our vacation homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
- Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these best practices, our employees, clients, and guests should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
- THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
- INCLUDED WITH EACH STAY:
- Complimentary Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
- Complimentary locally packaged Coffee
- Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
- Hotel Quality Bath Amenities (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
- Dish/Laundry Detergents
- Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
- Basic Cooking/Kitchenware
- One dog is allowed for a non-refundable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is provided prior to Check-in!
- Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service provided by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, cocktails, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
- If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
- No Smoking Allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY permitted outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
- This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood quiet hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
- Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates quiet hours between 10pm & 8am.
- 10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
- Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
- THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE!!!