Fantastic 5 Bedroom with Fabulous Gardens & Pool Including 2.5 Hectares of Countryside
Le Mas Caroline is a beautiful holiday home just a 15-minute drive from Avignon and a few minutes from the characterful market village of Châteaurenard. With a fabulous heated swimming pool and lovely gardens with olive trees, this is a fantastic place for family or friends to explore this fascinating part of Provence.
Despite being recently constructed, the home is full of traditional character as well as high-end comforts from reversible air-conditioning to Wi-Fi. The rustic kitchen-diner has been designed with great style whilst the spacious living room offers guests a chance to unwind under the wood-beamed ceilings. There are five lovely bedrooms over the two floors, including one outside with its own entrance, each featuring little home comforts and pretty features.
Outside you can admire the view of the olive trees across your garden as you relax on the al-fresco dining terrace or lounge area. Have a game of...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The villa is part of a gated estate in 2.5 hectares of parkland, shared with other houses and villas, including <link https://www.oliverstravels.com/france/provence-alpes/les-cactus/ - external-link-new-window "Opens external link in new window">Les Cactus</link>, although Le Mas Caroline has its own spacious and enclosed gardens. It's located just outside Châteaurenard (3km), a rural village just south-east of Avignon (12km). Visit the local market on a Sunday morning where you can pick up some liqueur de Frigolet (herbal liquor), a local speciality. The village is quiet and surrounded by countryside, orchards and farms; this is the real Provence yet still full of charm and character and you may be lucky enough to stay during one of the village's many festivities. The small city of Avignon (12km), with its two UNESCO World Heritage sites, is just a short drive away. Explore the winding medieval streets, take a trip on the road-train around the sights and visit the Pope's Palace and Saint Benezet Bridge. The covered market offers all sorts of delights or head to the weekend farmers, flower and flea markets for wonderful local produce and a bargain or two. There are some excellent dining opportunities across the city and amazing wines to sample. In this part of Provence you are never far from countryside filled with vineyards, sunflowers or lavender as well as a wealth of idyllic hilltop villages and towns. Head south to the Parc Naturel Regional des Alpilles full of lovely villages such as St-Rémy (10km) and Les-Baux-de-Provence (20km) one of France's acclaimed 'plus beaux villages', or a little further to Van Gogh's precious Arles (36km). Wine connoisseurs should make the trip to Châteauneuf-du-Pape (28km) amongst many other wine producers in the region. Another idyllic village to visit includes Gordes (38km) with stunning architecture, set in the outstanding Luberon region, surrounded by lavender fields in the summer months. Those looking for activity have so much on their doorstep. There is both horse-riding and golf within a short drive and both the immediate and wider area are a walkers and cyclists paradise with stunning countryside and landscapes. Older children will love kayaking along the Rhône or Sorgue and there are plenty of other family friendly activities throughout the region from model railways and open castles to trekking across the tree tops and visiting a zoo. Lovers of history will appreciate the Roman city of Nîmes (44km) with its fine collection of remains including Maison Carree, one of the best preserved Roman temples in the country. Just north of the city is the stunning Roman aqueduct, Pont du Gard, now a UNESCO World Heritage site, a perfect place for a picnic or to hire canoes.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 payable locally in cash.
- Arrival time : Between 4.00 and 7.00 a.m. Other arrival times are on request only. Please enquire.
- Departure time : Before 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, excluding pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Minimum stay : 4 nights in low season, 7 nights in high season.
- Changeover day : Flexible in low season, Saturday in high season.
- Pets welcome? : Up to 2 pets on request only and by prior arrangement with the owner.
- Pool heating charge? : No. The pool is heated free of charge from mid March to beginning of November. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are on request only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.