Idyllic Charming 8 Bedroom Historical Manor with 2 Hectare Land and Pool
Manoir Colombe is on the border of two exceptional regions - near enough to the Dordogne for <i>foie gras</i> and great wines, whilst benefiting from the warmer and drier climate of the Lot.
Just a five-minute stroll across the Roman style bridge takes you to the village bakery, grocery store, bar/tabac/restaurant and post office. The desirable villages of Eymet and Duras are a short drive away.
This 17th-century manor house is steeped in history and even boasts one of the finest <i>Pigeonniers</i> in France, which is a National Monument. The house full of rustic charm and beauty with terracotta floors, exposed wooden beams and thick, stone walls which keep the house cool.
Its two hectares of grounds offer a pretty and romantic walled garden lined with lavender, a lawned courtyard and pergolas of wisteria and ivy. In the rest of the grounds there are many secluded areas to simply sit and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Manoir Colombe is located on the border of the Dordogne and the Lot et Garonne regions, surrounded by beautiful countryside, vineyards and chateaux. The property is ideally situated to explore and discover this fabulous part of France with activities for all to enjoy including horse riding, kayaking, hiking, cycling, wine tours and many towns to explore. If you prefer to stay local, there are many activities within walking distance or just a short drive away. There is a small 9-hole golf course just up the road and there are a couple of sets of clubs in the Manoir which you are welcome to use. There are also three more courses at the internationally known Chateau des Vigier, 20mins drive away. The nearby village is within walking distance and offers all the necessary amenities including a bakery, small supermarket, bar/tabac/restaurant and a post office. Throughout the summer months, the village hosts a <i>Soiree Gourmande</i> every Friday evening, serving an al fresco meal of locally produced food and wine, on the square and everyone is made very welcome. The pretty village of Eymet is only a short drive away and is certainly worth a visit, especially as has been a key location in the Tour de France in the past. There are ruins of the original castle, picturesque streets, many restaurants, a weekly market every Thursday and a night market during the summer. The lovely village of Miramont de Guyenne also has a weekly market. Similarly, Duras, with its famous chateau, medieval clock tower and Maison des Vins, is a popular town to visit. The ancient town of Bergerac is characterised by its charming medieval features and original cobbled pavements. Boasting boutique shops, restaurants and pavement cafes it is most appreciated on foot. Situated in the renowned Dordogne, Bergerac is a real gateway to the surrounding wine region. Indulge in the famous Maison des Vins before exploring the countless wineries and vineyards in the beautiful countryside. During the summer months, the town is thriving with regular markets, concerts and festivals. The whole family will enjoy a boat trip up the river, with the opportunity to see local chateaux and typical French villages. Within the local surroundings, Bergerac has a whole host of activities on offer, including caves, castles, bowling, water parks and lakes, to name a few.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1000 for holiday rentals/£2000 for weddings (to be paid by bank transfer when paying the balance)
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, bath & pool towels included.
- Pets welcome? : On request only
- Changeover day : Flexible
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. Mid-stay clean (linen change, emptying of inside bins) when staying for 2 weeks also included.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only
- Minimum stay : 7 nights for holiday rentals - please note that wedding bookings are subject to a maximum stay of 5 nights.
- Heating costs included? : £500/week when required during winter months
- Pool heating charge? : The pool is open from end of April to October and is not heated.
- Other Ts and Cs : Wedding bookings are subject to a maximum stay of 5 nights.