Breathtaking Beautiful Grand Chateau with 13 Elegant Apartments and Pool in Vernantes
The grandness of Le Château des Marquis as you approach it is all encompassing - the sheer size of it is impressive and the excitement builds as you drive down the avenue and see the imposing façade. Welcome to Château des Marquis. Our home is your castle.
History has played an enormous part in the life of this château. Generations have come and gone, and now the aim is to give guests the ‘The Chateau Experience’ and experience historical glamour and royal charm in this palatial country residence. After many years of neglect, the new owners have taken it upon themselves to bring back the former glory of this magnificent building and recreate the luxury offered by such a beautiful estate.
The newly renovated interiors within the well-preserved façade have been redesigned to provide elegant living in a beautiful old building with modern kitchens and bathrooms, yet feeling very much part of an old world. The rooms are large...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Château des Marquis is just outside a pretty village with three bars, restaurant, hairdressers and pharmacy. The nearest town is lovely Saumur, which is only 19km away.Less than an hour away you can visit the cities of Angers, Le Mans and Tours. Centred on the mighty UNESCO World Heritage classified Loire river, guests can zig-zag through a veritable cornucopia of wonderful things to see and do from the thrill of the Le Mans racing circuit to the astonishing horsemanship of the Cadre Noire Riding School. For a family day out there is Joyful Valley Lake or the leap back in history at Saumur Castle. The area is perfect for visiting the Loire Châteaux, for wine tasting (particularly sparkling wines) and for rambling and cycling in the National Park.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1,000 paid by credit card on arrival.
- Pets welcome? : Only by special arrangement and in specific suites as agreed with owner prior to booking.
- Minimum stay : 2 nights.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m (extensions available subject to availability).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pool heating charge? : No. The pool is open from May to October from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings are allowed. Stag and hen parties not allowed.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes.
- Tax : Tourist tax of 2€ per person per night paid on departure.
- Other Ts and Cs : Summer/Autumn 2018 bookings: max. 39 guests,18 bedrooms and 18 bathrooms. Winter 2018 and subsequent bookings: max 43 guests, 20 bedrooms, 20 bathrooms.