Beautifully Refurbished Medieval Mansion with Pool in Tranquil Dordogne Countryside
Maison du Marineu is a beautifully refurbished medieval mansion set right out into the tranquil Dordogne countryside, with use of your own private 6 x 12 metre swimming pool. The mansion itself holds up to 8 guests, but the historic tower can also be privatised and included for an extra 4 guests in two gorgeous en-suite double bedrooms.
The house is surrounded by luscious parkland, including a tennis court and scented garden that wafts the aromas of the lavender plants around the property, making the idyllic outdoor seating areas that much sweeter. The interiors are full of traditional touches like the stone flooring, ornate fireplaces and the main living space has a sociable open plan lay out that include the kitchen, sofas and a dining area.
The Inner Courtyard, the handsome local wood takes centre stage. The courtyard with its ancient beams and perfectly controlled assembly is of great majesty. The beautiful covered...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Outdoor Dining Area
<div>Périgord is a region where the cultural, natural and gastronomic riches have made the reputation. This area in the north of the region is known as the Périgord Vert, the name coming from the forests of clear oak and chestnut trees, and the wetlands, and meadows that make up the landscape. </div> <div></div> <div>Located forty kilometers north-west of Perigueux, in the natural park Périgord-Limousin, and just 10 minutes from Brantôme, Chateau de Marineu is at the heart of the Périgord Vert, famous for its beautiful heritage, and its 1000 castles and mansions. You'll also find countless Romanesque churches and abbeys, picturesque medieval villages, along small country roads, and a warm, welcoming character.</div> <div></div> <div>Discover gastronomic specialities of the region, their walnut oil, porcini, and foie gras. You can't leave without tasting the black truffle, the wines of Bergerac, potatoes "Sarlat", walnuts, chestnuts and strawberries from Périgord.</div> <div></div> <div>Other attractions to discover in and around Périgord include: </div> <div></div> <div>- Brantôme, the Venice of Perigord, the Abbey - Périgueux (prefecture), its cathedral, the Périgord museum, Abbey Chancelade - Angoulême (40 minutes) - Bordeaux (1:30), the city, the wine - Bourdeilles castle - Villebois-Lavalette - Sorges, the truffle market - The Castle of Puyguilhem - Prehistoric Caves of Villars - Peat Vendoire - Nontron, its church, castle - Varaignes castle - Baroque Music Festival (August)</div>
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : After 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : Before 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 7 Nights during July and August, 4 nights during all other periods.
- Security deposit :
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : There is another house in the same estate. This is always unoccupied when guests are staying at Maison du Marineu.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that only the 12 guests prices include the Tower. Please see the 'Features' tab for full details.