Classic 5 Bedroom Home with 14 Hectares and Pool in Dordogne
At the end of a winding dirt path lined with dense evergreen forest lies the splendid hamlet of Grande Carre, a collection of 200 year old stone farmhouses and a new glass-walled building with modern yet perfectly integrated styling. The houses form a U-shape around a central gravel courtyard lined with olive trees that proceeds into a large private swimming pool.
Set within peaceful rolling fields, and pine and oak forests, Grande Carre is surrounded by 14 hectares of luscious gardens bejewelled with delicately coloured blossoms. All this natural beauty compliments the original stone work of the farmhouse buildings, the light blue window frames, and the steep sloping roofing, all pristinely reflected in the huge glass facade of the newest structure.
The local Dordogne region is France’s best kept secret, with a charming and well preserved history and a rich culture of wine and gastronomy. The hamlet layout is ideal for...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Grand Carre is conveniently situated just 2km from a little village with a boulangerie and a convenience store. Within a further ten minutes drive there is a supermarket (open to noon Sundays), bank, post office, restaurants and more. The Dordogne area itself is beautiful and extensive outdoor activities as well as authentic and quintessentially French villages are all within a 45 minutes radius. Don't miss the chance to visit the UNESCO medieval market town of Perigueux. If you're a wine lover, you can follow the 'wine trail' from Bergerac (40 minutes) through to St Emillion and all the way through to Bordeaux and beyond. The location of Grand Carre is recognised for being a fabulous place for culinary and gastronomic excellence; foie gras, truffles and vineyards a plenty!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €800 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €350 for stays of 7 nights, €500 for stays of 14 nights to be paid upon arrival. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is available in the central living space only.
- Changeover day : Saturday during peak season, flexible during all other periods.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.