Elegant Country Chateau on 450 Acre Estate in the Loire Valley
This elegant country chateau in the Loire Valley will help you return to your senses. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the modern open kitchen, then wander the 450 acre estate. You can fish or boat on the lake, or hop on a bicycle to explore the French countryside. On Saturday the market at Noyen-sur-Sarthe will introduce you to Loire Valley specialties - keep an eye out for cheese, tarte Tatin, and sablés (the preferred biscuit).
Back at your family chateau there’s plenty of entertainment for the kids: games, toys, bicycles, an all-weather tennis court, and a private pool. Inside, the 9 bedrooms are each decorated to a theme, and 3 of them have the added privacy of en suite bathrooms, some with elegant roll top bathtubs.
Just a 20 minute drive from Le Mans, this holiday chateau offers an unparalleled balance of country delights and access to the city. If you miss the famous 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race, you can...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Outdoor Dining Area
<b>The Loire Valley region</b> Chateau de la Houlberdiere is perfectly located with historic towns and villages dotted all around. It is 20 minutes to the centre of le Mans and under 5 hours from London by Eurostar. Fast trains to Paris from le Mans take less than an hour. The nearest towns are 5 minute drive away, and you will find an array of supermarkets, boulangeries, charcuteries, town squares and cafés and weekly markets. <b>Malicorne-sur-Sarthe</b> Chateau de la Houlberdiere is about a 20 minute drive to the world famous le Mans race track - the site of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the grueling round-the-clock car race. But it's also an ancient town, with Roman walls, a beautiful cathedral and plenty of museums to see. Car <i>aficionados</i> will especially like the Musée Automobile de la Sarthe, where there is a vast collection of vehicles. The Loire valley region is full of old-world villages and story-book chateaux. It was once fought over by Gauls, Romans, Visigoths and even Attila the Hun. You can roll through the lush valley, visiting fortresses in Amboise and Angers, UNESCO-designated Chartres Cathedral and the Gothic cathedral in Nantes.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1000 payable prior to arrival and will be refunded in full 14 days after departure subject to damage inspection
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes
- Pets welcome? : Yes
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Heating costs included? : Heating is included as well as a supply of fire wood for the fireplaces. More can be purchased on request.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that supplements will apply to the published rates during the Le Mans car race.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not allowed.