Stunning Grade II listed Building at Colleton Hall
Welcome to the stunning grade II listed Colleton Hall. It holds a truly marvelous location, nestled within thirty-eight acres of private woodland and parkland, it offers those fortunate enough to stay the perfect country escape where they can enjoy total tranquility. Its unspoilt location, set between Exmoor to the north and Dartmoor to the south, makes Colleton the perfect choice for those wishing to really explore Devon and all that it has to offer. While you will be staying in an area boasting rolling countryside, moorlands and valleys, the rugged north Devon coastline with its gorgeous beaches, is just a short car journey away.
The home boasts a rich and fascinating history and while it is believed to date back to Elizabethan times, Sir James Roupell Colleton purchased the Hall in 1833 and spent several years upgrading the house enhancing the existing Georgian features; today’s style and architecture reflect this....
At a glance
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The near-by villages of Nomansland, Rackenford and Witheridge together offer helpful amenities including excellent pubs, post offices, village stores and restaurants. The Michelin award-winning restaurant The Mason Arms is just a 10-minute car journey away in Knowestone, while The Stagg Inn, said to be the oldest pub in Devon, is just over a mile away in Rackenford. The old market town of Tiverton is 15 minutes away, set on the banks of River Exe, it boasts its very own Castle,canal walk and a wider range of fantastic amenities with a large variety of shops, supermarkets and restaurants. South Molton and Barnstaple offer weekly pannier markets with a wide range of local produce. There is plenty to see, do and explore in the surrounding area, Exmoor National Park is just 20-minutes from Colleton Hall, while buzzing Exeter is half an hour away, enjoy a fun-filled day spent in the ancient city after a scenic car journey through the Exe Valley. For the beach bums and keen surfers, there is easy access to the popular beaches of Saunton Sands, Woolacombe and Lynton, all less than an hour away. There is easy road access to Colleton Hall for those coming from all directions, situated just 20 minutes from Junction 27 of the M5 and 5 minutes from the A361. For those travelling by train, Tiverton Parkway station is just twenty minutes away, from here it is possible to reach London Paddington in just two hours. For those arriving by air, Exeter Airport is just 35 minutes away, Bristol Airport is reachable in 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1000 main house (+ £500 for the East Wing) credit card authorisation required, it will be released in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental prices
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a minimum stay of 3-nights
- Changeover day : Friday or Monday
- Pets welcome? : This must be requested at time of booking. There is an additional charge of £30 per dog, they should stay in the kitchen or boot room and are not to go in the drawing room or upstairs.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi access with CAT6 cabling for excellent internet connection