Fantastic Stone Villa Estate with Beautiful Gardens and Pool in Dordogne Countryside
Maison La Colline is a collection of stone buildings, lovely gardens and a spectacular private swimming pool with sweeping views of the Dordogne countryside. Just 2km from the nearest small village and restaurant and under ten minutes down both the Vézère and Dordogne rivers, this is the perfect spot for a small group of friends or a romantic holiday away.
The main stone house is full of the character you would expect from this enchanting region with exposed stonework and wood beamed ceilings. The cosy living room with its old wooden floor has an impressive open fire-place, wonderful for cooler evenings in romantic surroundings. A spiral staircase leads down to the spacious renovated kitchen with doors straight out on to the al-fresco terrace. The rolltop bath and pretty double bedroom add to the romantic ambience of the beautifully furnished home.
There is also an elegant en-suite bedroom in a separate stone...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The Dordogne is<b> </b>known as the valley of 1000 chateaux with endless pretty medieval villages, fine wines, truffles, local markets and spectacular valleys and rivers. Both the Vézère and the Dordogne rivers offer great kayaking, canoeing and unparalleled views of the countryside. <h1><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-weight:normal;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">The nearest restaurant is in Paunat (2km), a lovely village with a little stream, pretty church and wonderful countryside views around. Just down the road, a further 4km away, is beautiful Limeuil. This is where the Vézère meets the Dordogne and you can paddle by the river beach or enjoy some fine views from Parc Limeuil after wandering through the delightful village.</span><span style="font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman""></span></h1> <h1><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-weight:normal;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Nearby Le Bugue (7km) is a charming market town on the Vézère riverside with narrow winding streets to explore and beautiful buildings to admire. Visit on a Tuesday to experience the bustling market day, then hire canoes on the river or enjoy lunch in one of the many lovely restaurants. The pretty Dordogne village of Tremolat is also within a short drive and another enchanting place to visit.</span></h1> <span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">The Dordogne and Vézère rivers host a wealth of beautiful villages and towns, many of them classed as France’s <i>Plus Beaux Villages</i> such as glorious Monpazier, a bastide town dating back to the 13<sup>th</sup> century. To the north you have the sophisticated small city of Périgueux, famous for its amazing black truffles and to the east should visit Sarlat with its maze of medieval narrow streets, lovely squares and amazing restaurants. Not forgetting beautiful Bergerac to the west with its medieval architecture, narrow streets of boutiques and great restaurants as well as the unmissable <i>Maisons de Vins</i>.</span> <span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">Other magical day trips include the Lascaux caves, just outside Montignac and the famous Dordogne villages of La Roque Gageac, Château de Beynac and Castelnaud-la-Chapelle. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding, to tennis, mountain-biking, golfing and watersports, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities in the area. Children will love the nearby waterparks, visiting the Aquarium du Perigord Noir, exploring prehistoric caves and historic castles or even a magnificent hot air balloon ride across the stunning region. The more adventurous may enjoy go-karting just south of Périgueux or tree-top activities in the forests near Sarlat.</span>
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €600 charged to the clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. Included in low season. From end of May to end of September, heating is on request and at a supplement.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean on Monday included for stays of two weeks or more. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday. Other days may be possible on request in mid-season (end of May-mid July & September, approximately) for bookings of 7+ nights only.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and by prior arrangement with the owner. Please enquire at the time of booking.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. For stays of over 7 nights, a change of linen can be arranged for a supplement of €25 per person. This must be requested in advance.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : High chairs and cots are available for hire at a cost of €25 for each item per week (limited availability, to be pre-booked).
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.