Elegant Contemporary 5 Bedroom Family Chateau with Pool in Aquitaine
The Chateau Lamantin, a family-friendly chateau in Aquitaine, has the elegance of a French country house and an abundance of outdoor pursuits. Swim in an expansive pool surrounded by stone walls, fish in a large private lake and play croquet and badminton on a vast lawn. On rainy days, there’s plenty of indoor entertainment, including a piano, table tennis, billiards, exercise equipment, board games, Satellite TV and DVDs.
When you’re ready to explore, the chateau is only 3 km from Mezin, a village famous for its medieval church, cork museum, and Sunday market. Nearby, the town of Nerac has a 16th century castle, the Chateau Musee Henri IV, and you can have foie gras at its supposed birthplace. Beach-goers will love the sand on their toes at the lakeside beach in Lislebonne (4 km).
Back at home, you’ll appreciate the luxury of each unique room, with the finest touches like heated towel racks, Louis XVI-style sitting...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Lamantin is strategically nestled among the departments of <span style="line-height: 19.25px; ">Dordogne, the Lot, the Lot et Garonne and the Gironde departments. </span> <span style="line-height: 19.25px; ">Mezin (3 km) is a medieval bastide famous for its 11th-12th century church, alcoves and for the Cork Museum. On site there are also several, restaurants, shops and a Sunday market. </span> Easy access also to Nerac, famous for its Chateau Henri IV and wonderful visits down the River Baise, to le Les Grottes de Fontirou in Castella and the medieval village of Sos. Other popular cities in the region include <span style="line-height: 19.25px; ">Agen, Villeneuve sur Lot, Bordeaux and Toulouse. </span> The sandy lakeside beach of Lislebonne is only 4 km away whereas the closest airport is Bergerac (approximately 112 km). <b>Local Activities and Amenities</b> - Public tennis court: Mezin at 2km - Golf: Golf de Barbaste, 30km approx - Aqua Park Walibi, Agen - Several canoe/kayak clubs. - Beach: Base de Loisirs Lislebonne. Mezin at 4km Sandy beach. - Lake fishing at the property (no boat available) - Horse riding: Club Hippique Poney Club l'Hoste k'Astarac, Tel : 055 397 3215 - Local markets: Mezin, Sunday. Nerac, Saturday - Restaurants: Le Relais de Gascogne, Mezin. Tel : 055 365 7988. Les Deux Gourmands, St. Maure de Peyriac, Tel : 055 365 6101. Cafe du Commerce/Pizzeria, Place de l'Eglise, Mezin, for fun and Karaoke! - Pharmacy: Mezin - Doctor: Mezin - Bank: Mezin - Cash machine: Mezin - Tourist information: Mezin : Tel : 055 365 7746. Nerac, Tel : 055 365 2775 - Night life: 2 casinos within 30km of the property <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="64"><colgroup><col width="64" /></colgroup><tbody><tr height="20"> <td align="right" height="20" width="64" style="height:15.0pt; width:48pt" class="xl64"></td> </tr></tbody></table>
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 per week charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival
- Arrival time : Between 16.00 and 18.00 (If you are unable to do so please contact owner to advise estimated time of arrival)
- Departure time : Before 10.00 a.m.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, excluding pol towels. (Linen changed weekly: if requested in advance, extra linen is provided)
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra charge of €120.
- Pets welcome? : Pets may be accepted upon request.
- Insurance : Adequate travel insurance is required.
- Minimum stay : 14 nights.
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking indoors is not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : There is a dog at the property (tied up).