Wonderful Chateau Estate with Pool and Beautiful Parkland in Charente Maritime
This estate in the Charente Maritime, south-west France, consists of nineteen bedrooms distributed across a 17th-century chateau and two villas set in twelve acres of beautiful parkland. It’s an ideal venue for weddings or celebrations, with each of the three welcoming homes near each other yet enjoying their own private pools and terraces.
<link https://www.oliverstravels.com/france/vendee-charente/chateau-serbise/ - external-link-new-window "Opens external link in new window">Chateau Serbise</link> is the largest of all three, sleeping sixteen guests with eight bedrooms. The characterful grand salon features a rare decorative fireplace, a snooker room will delight all generations and a there’s a grand reception hall, ideal for hosting large events. An unpretentious dining room allows families and friends to gather for fine feasts and doors open up to a wonderful terrace, leading to an inviting swimming...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The region of Charente Maritime is one of the sunniest parts of France and benefits from a mostly sunny and warm climate from April through October. The influence of the Gulf Stream means that winters can be as mild as the Mediterranean. Cognac & Saintes are 15km away and Royan is 25km from the estate. The airports of Bordeaux, Angouleme and La Rochelle are within 1 hours drive and are served by an increasing number of UK regional airports. St. Genis & Pons are both 5-6km away where there are restaurants and small shops. The nearest beach is only 35 minutes drive. There are 3 golf courses: Saintes (typical UK type club), Cognac (good course, above average) and Royan (reminds one of the Berkshire courses - pine on sand - good course). The area has many historical sites relating to its past including the periods of Roman occupation, Richard Coeur de Lion and Eleanor of Aquitane, the French Revolution and the Second World War. As the centre of Cognac production, the towns of Cognac and Jarnac are must visits with guided tours around the headquarters of Hennesey, Martell, Remy Martin, Otard, Hine etc. The coast line from St Georges de Didonne north to St Palais sur Mer has miles of sandy beaches and good fish restaurants. The towns of Royan, La Rochelle and Rochefort are interesting places to visit and are all within one hour's drive. The area abounds with many fine restaurants, some more expensive than others but all incredible value for money. Many local artisans welcome visits to view their business, including barrel making, wood carving and sculpture, pottery production, chocolate making and many more. The wine production areas of Bordeaux are within easy reach with the Blaye region only half an hour away and St Emilion just over an hour by car. From the towns of Blaye or Royan it is possible to take a car ferry across to the Medoc. The city of Bordeaux can be reached in an hour with its good shopping, art galleries, museums and historical buildings. The same can be said for Saintes. Within an hour there are three top golf courses at Saintes, Cognac and Royan with more around Bordeaux. As well as the obvious sea fishing, river fishing in the Seugne is only 5 minutes away. The Charente only half an hour away. Only 5kms in either direction are good quality local tennis courts. There are several horse stables around providing riding for all levels through the local woodlands. A very local stable provides carriage rides around the lanes of the area. An international length (1.2km long) go-cart track is only 10 minutes from Clerbise. Canoes are available for hire on the local river Seugne. A busy nightclub is just 5kms away and is open from Thursday to Sunday.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 if one books the whole estate paid on arrival to the owner and refunded after departure subject to inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included except oil fired central heating which is charged at cost.
- > If not included, what are they? : Central Heating Fuel at Cost
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, all linen and bath towels are included in the rental price, and are changed once a week. Pool towels not included.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- End of stay cleaning included? : No, guests are expected to leave the property clean and tidy. Cleaning products and facilities are all provided. Guests can request a cleaning service for a minimum of 3hrs at 15€/hr.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that the owners live on site, and are always available to help with any queries but otherwise keep to themselves and do not share the pool or other facilities.